Ossabaw Island?

ejm

Maybe I am complicating a simple thing but I am not sure about when you need to show up for the hunt. The days are thur-sat, will you be hunting from sunup thur to sunset sat, it says you can show up starting at 9am the day before the hunt would that be wen.? Some guys made it sound real important to be there early, but when is that? I'm set for transportation to the island, but other than that I ain't got a clue. Any other tips, hunting related as well, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help.

TJay

Yup, that would be wed. If you are going out of Kilkenny's I don't think you can get there too early. It is first come, first served, they will hand out numbers as you arrive and that will be the order in which you depart. The idea behind getting to the island early is to pick hunting areas. The truth is, it is all pretty good. We got there wed afternoon and most areas were picked over and we still killed five hogs and two or three deer. All of us passed up deer and hogs for one reason or another. The DNR rangers are a good source of info on hunting areas. Tip, hunt the edges i.e., where the woods meet the marsh, on the edge of grass fields, stuff like that. A gps is handy but not necessary. Good luck.

RamblinWreck

EJM, do you know of a charter service to Ossabaw, or are you using Kilkenny's service? My daughter and I are going Dec 2-4 and I would like to find alternate transportation to and from the island. We used Kilkenny before but want to do better. PM me if you know anything.

ejm

Thanks, Tjay. Not what I was looking for, but thanks just the same.

Last edited: