Elk mount comes home

godogs57

This is my 2013 bull. Len Sams at Trails End Taxidermy did the honors and knocked it out of the park in my humble opinion.

8x6 bull from New Mexico just about right on the CO/NM state line. Thanks for looking.

ElkMount.jpg

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
That's awesome! I'm gonna get me one- one of these days....

swamp hunter

Excellent Bull.
I live in Colorado for 5 years and I've got 2 on the wall...none of them are that size. But every one of them is a Great Memory.
You hunting the Indian Lands there ? $$$

godogs57

Nope....no Indian property. Private land, Unit 55 NM. Thanks for the comments...much appreciated. Hope you other gentlemen get to experience the thrill sooner rather than later...it will make you forget deer hunting!

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on an uncommon mighty good looking rocking bull wallhanger. Thx for posting.:bounce:

:cool:

Hawken2222

Unreal Congrats on the bull of a lifetime.

sman

Beautiful!

Hope ya got a big stud for that stud!

DeoVindice

Nope....no Indian property. Private land, Unit 55 NM. Thanks for the comments...much appreciated. Hope you other gentlemen get to experience the thrill sooner rather than later...it will make you forget deer hunting!

Oh no..Ain't gonna happen...Nothing does it for me like whitetails.

That is a beautiful bull, and New Mexico is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I have never hunted there but I am going to one of these days when my ship comes in.

godogs57

Oh no..Ain't gonna happen...Nothing does it for me like whitetails.

That is a beautiful bull, and New Mexico is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I have never hunted there but I am going to one of these days when my ship comes in.

Hope your ship comes in soon!

DeoVindice

Hope your ship comes in soon!

ha. Me too.

I can't get over the size of these animals. Just looking at the bull compared to the lovely lady really puts it into perspective...And it is a shoulder mount. Ridiculous. Maybe you are right. I could probably forget about whitetails for a little while if one of these stepped out. :)

For those who are unawares they have stocked elk in Tennessee and are having very limited hunting. If I'm not mistaken it is a draw for who gets a tag..Probably Tn residents only as of right now. Not sure on the exacts but I am sure they are elk hunting up there. It isn't New Mexico but I would go in a minute.

godogs57

Several states close to us offer Elk hunting. Kentucky has some nice bulls and, as you can guess, long odds for drawing a tag.

Oh I am right about whitetails vs elk...I love em both...with a passion. But, if forced to choose....elk in a New York second.

swamp hunter

Whitetails vs Elk is Apples to Oranges.
When you throw in the stunning Mountains and a hard Rutting Bull that's Bugling and killing 10 ft. trees it'll make your Heart stop.
When you got an old Buck creepin thru the Swamp bottom you'll pee your pants till he's down and quit moving.
Either one is right proper and unforgettable.
But when you quarte up that 900 pound bull and backpack him 3 miles out in pieces...you've Earned him.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations again on a fine bull, Hank. Great mount too!