Johnson County

TODD263

This Years Is One Of The Worst Years We've Had Hunting In Johnson County...we Saw Very Few Bucks This Year But I Did Harvest A Nice Eight Pointer On Nov 6th.....anyone Else Hunting In Johnson County If so Any Luck even with the extremely warm Weather?

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
dang D2D how many clubs are you in :confused: :confused: :confused: :D eddy m.

gabuckeye

I hunt the Johnson/Laurens county line. I killed a pretty nice 8 point this year and a great 8 point last year. Our doe kill was way down! Gets worse every year. Good news is our buck kill is good. We took 5 quality bucks and several young bucks this year and the same last year. The bucks this year were smaller than last. We saw a good number of small bucks this year and last. Next year should be a good one.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I talked with a customer of mine in and he hunts in Taliferro C. (spelled wrong) He said the same thing. I still believe the hunting was so off statewide due to the unbelievable mast crop this season.

I'm really looking forward to this year to see how things are going to turn out. I'm not expecting hardly any acorns where I hunt in Washington C. It's going to be interesting.

Tommy

COLEMAN

My father killed a 130 class 8 pointer in Johnson county late in season. Had a 19'' inside spread and was aged at 4 1/2.

TODD263

We Have About Eight Acres Of Foodplots On The 750 Acres We Hunt On.....tracks Everywhere In The Plots But We Saw Very Few Deer In Them ...we Tried Rape For The First Time On The Property And It Did Really Well With The Sandy Soil....anyone Else Have Any Luck With There Plots This Year...if So What Did You Plot....thinking Of Trying Corn Next Year...but Its So Hot During The Summer Wondering If Its A Waste Of Time To Plant Corn..

gadeerwoman

Unless you plan on planting very large plots I'd forget corn. My old club down there had good luck with peas, lupine, wheat and rye, and chufa for turkeys.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I just joined a club that is on the Johnson and Lauren County lines. It's right off hwy 68 and J.C. Boatlander Rd. It 125" minimum and 3 does. One big piece of land 3,000 acres and 33 members. It has a bunch of cutovers on it. 2 1/2 miles of Oconee River frontage. It's called the Ruttin Buck Trophy Club. I can't wait until next season.

Darrell

gadeerwoman

Foreman, that's right near GaBuckeye's club. They had some dandy bucks come off his club the past couple years and they have a ton of hogs and turkey. You're in a good location!

gabuckeye

01Foreman400

If that road is JC Landing Road it is the club right accross the road from me. We are the big farm accross the hardroad. There are some good bucks in that area. Sent you a pm.

sigsauer

I belong to the same club . This will be my third year . I have enjoyed hunting there . Hope to see you on work day this month .Please bring one bag of minerals . Thank you !!

kpeels

We Have About Eight Acres Of Foodplots On The 750 Acres We Hunt On.....tracks Everywhere In The Plots But We Saw Very Few Deer In Them ...we Tried Rape For The First Time On The Property And It Did Really Well With The Sandy Soil....anyone Else Have Any Luck With There Plots This Year...if So What Did You Plot....thinking Of Trying Corn Next Year...but Its So Hot During The Summer Wondering If Its A Waste Of Time To Plant Corn..

iron clay peas hard to find sometimes but deer love em and grows great there!!!