Attachments

• Snowhouses[1].jpg
    Snowhouses[1].jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 256
  • SnowDigging.jpg
    SnowDigging.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 227

woody116

Reminds me of the chicago blizzard of 78 (or 79). I remember us having to shovel off our roofs, drifts up on the roofs like that.
Our town was snowed in for a couple days, couldnt make it out do to all the roads being snowed over. I was only 7 or 8 at the time, so I dont remember all the details. I do remember jumping off our roof and getting stuck. Had to be rescued.

My kids have no idea what a real snow is. We were supposed to get a good one a week or two ago, but it wasnt anything at all. I keep hoping we get a good one.

Snakeman

woody116 said:
Reminds me of the chicago blizzard of 78 (or 79). I remember us having to shovel off our roofs, drifts up on the roofs like that.
Our town was snowed in for a couple days, couldnt make it out do to all the roads being snowed over. I was only 7 or 8 at the time, so I dont remember all the details. I do remember jumping off our roof and getting stuck. Had to be rescued.

My kids have no idea what a real snow is. We were supposed to get a good one a week or two ago, but it wasnt anything at all. I keep hoping we get a good one.
Unfortunately, I remember that one, too. I was in the Navy, stationed at the base in North Chicago. What a way to welcome a youngster from South Georgia to Illinois. But the amazing thing was, I was able to drive where ever I wanted to go in my 1966 Mustang with cheap Western Auto tires (not snow tires, either). Never got stuck. Real happiness was driving out of that mess in January '79.

The Snakeman