Three Forks / John Teague Gap Camping

UGAff

Went camping last weekend up at three forks, here are some pics from the trip :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 309

rip18

Pretty pics! Great variety! Looks like a supremely enjoyable trip!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Very nics pics

The #3 would be my favorite, awesome pic:clap:

UGAff

These were the first pics I have been able to get moving water to have the "silk" effect without being overexposed. Do yall think my settings were ok? Is there any way these could have turned out better?

Stats for Pic 1 and Pic 2:
Shutter speed: 1/8 sec
Aperature: 8.0
Evaluative Light meetering
6.0 Focal Length
ISO was on Auto

No tripod........

Wade Chandler

Someone like Rip18 could probably give better advice than me on the settings, but they look good to me. My advice for better pictures is to always use a tripod. It's amazing how much sharper pictures turn out when using a tripod, especially on very slow shutter speeds. If you have the camera sitting on something trying to keep it still, then use the delay setting so that after you press the shutter release any camera movement will stop before the picture begins to take. Just my thoughts, hope it helps! You've got some really nice pictures:)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great pics.

letmeoutside

I love the campfire pic, but they're all great!

UGAff

I meant to post two more from the trip

here is another one from the area, this is a huge rock that sticks way out in the river just before a 10 foot waterfall. The river current here is very strong due to the waterfall and nearby rapids and it has cut these holes into the rock making it literally look like swiss cheese. Some of the holes are only inches deep but some are between 8 and 10 feet deep and perfect cirlcles....

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 760

UGAff

and another...

this is the view from the bottom of that same hydraulic...

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 258

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Again, fine camera work

to capture those shots, thanks for sharing them:cool:

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Ive been there a few times and your pics make me wnt to go back, SOON!!!!!

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
thanks for sharing, i agree about the tripod. i have a small one that i keep with me at all times. if it is not tall enough to do the trick, i bungee it to a tree or something. thanks again, i love campfire pics !!!

slimbo

Lighting looks fine. Dont adjust anything. As for the softness, use a tripod and use wade's idea about the timer setting. You would be amazed how easy it is to blur up a pic by pushing the button. Also I will add, use a STEADY tripod, not the cheapest thing on the market. Any little breeze or vibration will move some of those walmart tripods.