Woody's Family

Timbo

WWWHHHAT, he gets 200 dollars.I have to wake up and watch a bunch of guys hug and cry,then explain this to my son.Thats gotta be worth 300 dollars :bounce:

huntfish

Bowbender said:
Footlong,
dang man that is mighty good of ya...............Thanks!!!!!!!!! :fine: :fine:

Bender

Timbo,
Bender said that he'll donate his bounty to you. Heck I'm currently north of him so I'll get more and dontate it to Bender's new camo outfit :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Timbo

Hahahahaah

Timbo

Yea, he said he like being the monitor :banana:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Thanks Russ!

I'd also like to share with y'all a statement we sent to a member a while back when trying to help him understand what this place is all about. All of you "Old Timers" will relate to many of the things noted here and the newbies may be able to get a true sense of what Woody envisioned when he first cranked this thing up:

We do our best to maintain a community where sportsmen can carry on conversations in an orderly manner without being abussive to one another. Other than a very few bumps along the way we have been very successful over the 5 years that we've been running this show. We do this while discussing such explosive matters as hunting over bait, high-fences, religion, abortion etc.

We believe that, considering the nature of the subject matter in many cases and the opinionated nature of the average outdoorsman, we have found a winning combination and will continue to enforce those rules as required to maintain the Campfire.

Over the years we have seen a miraculous "family" form here. We've watched as young men and women have been entroduced to the sports we love. We've prayed for one another for a myriad of reasons, pitched in to help a young boy fight a battle and win against cancer. We've helped ease the pain of losing a wife. We rejoyced at the graduation of a daughter and hugged a husband who's wife had just left him and took his children and so on. This place has been a true family to thousands over the past 5 years.

What I'm trying to get across to you is that our forum is more than just a place to type words in a debate with some faceless adversary at the other end of the keyboard. We strive to make this little piece of the web a special place where we can share our lives and adventures with one another, diagree and shake hands after the conversation.

We want everyone of our members to have that same opportunity and the only way for us to offer that is to strictly enforce the R & G's. We do so as evenly and fairly as possible.

Nugefan

matthewsman said:
The group hug,but the first time one of you guys grab my butt........... :shoot: :D

Yea but I am with matthewsman on this too ....

BTT

Count Down

Jim Thompson said:
Tough to keep this going, but it truly is a huge family

As one of the newest Woodites(past 90 days) I'm completely at ease with the topics and conversations that have been held on Woody's...I appreciate tthe opportunity to be heard..Even though I have posted some typical "newbie" posts, sorry about that, which you all have either thoughtfully replied to or completely ignored:banginghe . Either way it has been a fun journey so far...I enjoy reading the posts from the "Senior" members of the forum..I have to admit, I get lost sometimes when the thread takes a life of it's own, and it's based on individual relationships..It's all good..:cheers: Maybe, I'll be introduced into that fraternity or family one day...Glad to be here...Se ya'll around..:cheers:

gadeerwoman

matthewsman, what's your problem? Football players grab each other's rear all the time.:bounce: Could be those tight pants they wear.

gadeerwoman

Lee County, come to the spring fling cookout. We'll run you thru the initiation ritual. Then you can't be ignored....EVER !

SmokyMtnSmoke

Russ, I agree and raise a glass :cheers:

Jeff, that is a great statement, a true testament to what the members here have built.

Count Down

gadeerwoman said:
Lee County, come to the spring fling cookout. We'll run you thru the initiation ritual. Then you can't be ignored....EVER !

Oh boy...I'm leaving my kids at home...My wife is used to me being humiliated...:D

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Lee County said:
As one of the newest Woodites(past 90 days) I'm completely at ease with the topics and conversations that have been held on Woody's...I appreciate tthe opportunity to be heard..Even though I have posted some typical "newbie" posts, sorry about that, which you all have either thoughtfully replied to or completely ignored:banginghe . Either way it has been a fun journey so far...I enjoy reading the posts from the "Senior" members of the forum..I have to admit, I get lost sometimes when the thread takes a life of it's own, and it's based on individual relationships..It's all good..:cheers: Maybe, I'll be introduced into that fraternity or family one day...Glad to be here...Se ya'll around..:cheers:
Personaaly I think you are doing fine.

BTW russ I dont know how I missed this thread the first time.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Branchminnow said:
BTW russ I dont know how I missed this thread the first time.

Branch,

It was started a year ago!

I don't think the squirrells in your computer ran fast enough back then for you to keep up!:bounce:

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Jeff Young said:
Branch,

It was started a year ago!

I don't think the squirrells in your computer ran fast enough back then for you to keep up!:bounce:
The Barry Bonds steroids work wonders for the little guys now.:bounce: