Talked to ultramag(jerry) in kansas!!

Arrow3

He had a heck of a first day....Jerry seen several nice bucks including one I would have pulled the trigger on...He sent me a pic of the deer over the phone...It was a 7 pointer that I promise will knock the bottom out of 150 inches...Jerry said he would have shot him if he would have been an 8 pointer....He also said he would shoot him if it comes down to the last day he presents himself again..Jerry also videoed some gobblers strutting and gobbling...He got pounded with sleet this afternoon...He said everything was white with ice...

BirdDawg

Kansas is gonna get nasty tonight according to the weather channel............best of luck to him.

BOWHUNTER!

He said he was a little worried about how cold it was gonna be but if he keeps seeing deer like that, it won't matter.:bounce:

kevincox

A buddy of mine bowhunted there last week and missed a hoss of a buck! They were rutting hard in Kansas last week.

parkerman

Glad to hear he is having a good time. My neighbor is out there right now as well. Weather is not good right now for them.

I wish I were there. The worse the weather in that neck of the woods the better the deer move. They've got to eat, eat, and eat again to keep those big bodies alive.

All of the guys from one of my hunting camps are out there right now and they had an excellent day as well. They're all looking forward to the rest of the week.........

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Jerry was hunting in Nebraska one year and it got so cold he ended up hunting from his truck...:D He parked it in some fields where he'ed have a good vantage point and ran the heater the whole time....Now that's tough hunting...:bounce: ::ke:

displacedhntr

Man I am glad I only bow hunt. I know the deer are moving good right now but the wind chill is about 4 degrees right now during the warmest part of the day. The deer are moving all over the place trying to keep warm and bucks are chasing like crazy. I told Jerry that these are the best conditions you could ever ask for on opening day of rifle season. This is the first good cold snap we have had yet. The rut has been slow this year because it has been so warm (feels like hunting in Ga :crazy: )so all they guys have a good chance at catching some booners running around. I can wait to see the pics!!

:biggrin2:

Just 1 More

Bowhunter24 is there right now as well.. he sent me a text message last night just before dark that he was watching a huge buck with a drop tine chasing does, but he couldn't get a shot.
Said this morning was 24 deg and blowing 20 mph with 2" to 5" of snow expected.. lows will be in the single digits tonight :hair:

chambers270

I hope those guys have some good luck! If they are out there hunting when it is below 20 degrees that deserve a wallhanger!

I killed a doe in Little Satilla WMA a few years ago on a morning when it was around 20! When I went to check it out the DNR said "I didn't think anybody would be crazy enough to be hunting this morning!" But I still got my deer.

Chris

Arrow3

a little birdie tells me that Jerry has connected....We will have to wait and see...

Arrow3

If he was lucky enough to connect on a day like they had today.. he deserves it :cheers:

Last time I talked to him he was covered in snow and it was below 20 degrees...He sat in his blind all day today without leaving.

Arrow3

Just talked to Jerry and he sent me a pic over my cell phone.....Huge 10 pointer....Jerry said he thought he was a B&C when he shot it...It had some ground shrinkage, he said probably close to 160 inches..He hasn't put a tape on him but his g2's and g3's are almost identical at about 12 inches a piece.

Arrow3

Jerry called me a little while ago and he filmed for a buddy of his today....They went to the same spot where Jerry killed his buck...Jerry said a MONSTER stepped out in the field...Jerry's buddy busted him and they have it all on video!! Jerry said the deer will go in the 170's.....24 in inside spread..11 points...He sent me a pic over the phone...Its a HOSS!!