What do you think this one will Score??

This buck is still roaming the woods of Southern IL. Anyone want to guess his score?

Attachments

• Monster Whitetail.jpg
    Monster Whitetail.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 701

Handgunner

Good GAWD!

It's hard to guess when the rack makes the ground look small! I would have to "ground check" that one! :)

Guessing though, I'd say a solid 170+

Heathen

Wow, look at that mass. I'd say it should at least qualify as a booner

Last edited:

gabuckeye

Il. has big body deer and that rack is still huge! I would fall out of the tree if I ever saw a buck like that.

Jeff Phillips

Somewhere between 155 and 160, awesome for an 8 point :clap: Great spread too!

Dean

150's - 160's awe come'on??

I would guess 190"+ and if he is still around this year, probably 200"+. Hey HuntCam Hunter, what are the IL. hunters saying that filmed him, what is their rough score -- any idea's?

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I can't tell for all those corn stalks blocking my view....

....wait, those are on his head! :eek:

164 7/8 :p :rolleyes:

180+

This photo was taken off a video taken in January 2004. I've been told he's been estimated at 180. Trail camera photos of him this year estimate he's pushing 195+. :speechles

Mulitiple Outdoor TV shows are hunting this buck this year trying to capture him on video again, both before and after the shot. I've got a couple of those folks hunting him using our HuntCam and I'm praying that they get the footage!!

Dean

Thanks HuntCam

I hope it works out for you, that buck is a beast for sure! the 180"+ is more like it, just didn't see how he could only be in the 155" - 170" range. This buck has it all, spread, m**** tine length including tall brow tines too....

Jeff Phillips

Scoring:
Inside spread = 23
Beams at 25" =50
G1's at 8" = 16
G2's at 12" & 10" = 22
G3's at 10" = 20
5" 1st circ = 10
6 more circ at 4" = 24

Gross score = 165

He's a massive deer but without G4's it's tough to make book. I may be off an inch here or there, but he'll have a hard time hitting 190. ;)

Muygrande

I'm saying 175 -180 can't tell if he's 8 or 9 but 21"-24" wide 24" mains good tine length and mass.