Ossabaw Dec 2th 2004 " Anyone ELSE THEN"

Results on the web. Can't wait

Any one else on here going then?

DEAN

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Well we messed up evidently. We thought we were putting in for the Ossabaw hunts, Had them 1 and 2 and Westpoint 3. Thought we'd get rejected. Well we got picked for West Point. How do you get West Point on your third choice? ::huh: That is a very popular hunt and never gets past the 1st choice. Usually only 40% without a rejection get picked as a 1st choice. Don't matter, we love West Point but we just wanted to plan an Ossabaw hunt out in the future. Guess next year we will pick only 1 Ossabaw hunt and nothing else. Sure to get a rejection from that.

RamblinWreck

My daughter Sarah and I will be there. We got picked with only #2 rejection notices. Year before last we went on the adult-child and she got her 1st buck. This will be 3 times in 4 years I get to hunt there!

I am looking for a private boat to the Island - I don't want to camp out at Kilkenny the night before and wait all day. I want to hire a boat. If anyone knows of a boat charter service 'round there let me know. I want to be on the Island by 8AM Wed morning.

We got picked for this hunt and I am pumped! This will be our 3rd trip to the Island. We have a 19 ft. center con. and too would be interested in boating over on our own. I just don't feel comfortable enough with the directions from memory. If you have any info. that might help-- that would be great!
Thanks

Mac

Seems more woody people got the second hunt

Only three of us on the first hunt?

Mac

ttt

Opening weekend is over.

Time to get fired up about the island.

Archery folks are there now.

Anyone else getting pumped????????

Three of us are also heading back for our third hunt, Dec. 2-4. Can't wait! I've hunted the same area both times before and done well but want to see some new parts of the island this time. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather. See y'all over there.

RamblinWreck

Weather is looking OK for Thurs-Fri with rain starting Sat. I am ready to go - got all the gear organized last night. We're off as soon as the kids get home from school Tuesday. See y'all there! I'll have 2 kids and my Woody's hat on.

I'll give Ranger Andy a break and leave the puppy home this time. :D

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
RW, funny how several of the rangers have their own dogs, but won't allow another dog in camp. ::huh:

Sounds like the a/c hunt had a 67% success on the deer and 39% success on the hogs with a couple of nice bucks taken and several deer over 100#. Not sure if that is live or dressed weight though.

Good luck!

RamblinWreck

Success rate was way down from years before IMO, based on the low numbers of deer/hogs hauled out on our route. I only saw one deer, a little yearling doe I shot on the second day. The deer and hogs were laying low in the thick stuff and moving a lot at night. Some of the deer were a lot bigger than I remembered and there was one real nice 10-pointer I saw on the first day. I have a pic of it I'll post later.

I did meet Mac (Dean) and his buddy who got a nice buck on the first day, Minner and his Dad Fish Fry, and some others from Woodys. It was an enjoyable hunt, even if I had to leave a day early because the kids had had enough.