; Georgia Outdoor News Forum - View Single Post - Game Management Criteria used to extend deer Season
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 08:21 AM

I went to the meetings (2 of them), a lot of my fellow rabbit hunting people went, I wrote letters, voiced my concerns,,,,,spoke to my state rep....dont extend the deer season......DNR didn't listen.....the fix was in......between insurance companies and a pro deer hunting DNR staff..who are on this very forum everyday....we didn't stand a chance......

Now that its in place and were looking at deer season being extended to January 31st.........its easy to start questioning why we need game management period.

What do they do other than set game dates and post little yellow Wildlife Missing Area (WMA) signs on trees?

I am not talking about Game Wardens....we need them...........I am talking about Game Management..............why do we even pay for them? DO we need people like this on state payroll?

If the deer population is so stable .........that we can have a deer season that runs from September 9th through January 14th, much of it either sex..... and soon to be January 31st......and we are a one game animal state (deer) why do we need game management?

It would be so much cheaper if the state simply contracted with a private entity for recommendations on the condition of the deer herd and all but eliminated game management............

Last edited by Rulo; 01-17-2018 at 08:38 AM.