Heart Wrenching Update On My Texas Girlfriend...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Many of you know that Teresa has been battling Breast Cancer for close to 9 years now and even after enduring various surgeries including a lumpectomy, a single mastectomy, then later a complete mastectomy which was comprised of multiple radiation treatments involved initially. Of course, there were also continued treatments over these years involving many, many different Chemo Treatments in rounds of 6 months at a time and now she is just too weak go the bathroom without some type of assistance at this time. It has been really sad that for the past 8 months or so now, she has been in constant pain due to her arms swelling so much because of the removal of various lymph nodes involved in the various surgeries. She has had to have treatments every day at home due to this problem.

I found out Friday around noon that Teresa had attempted to take a shower Thursday night and in the process she suffered what was believed by the doctors involved to be some type of seizure. She passed out in the shower with the water running and in the process also hit her head pretty bad and also hurt her back as well.

With her being unconscious, the water kept running and ultimately over-flowed the shower due to the blocked drain and it flooded her bathroom and even into her master bedroom as well. When she was conscious again, she did her best to crawl out of the shower and get to her phone. She ultimately was transported to the hospital during the night. Due to her already weakened condition because of the continued chemo treatments each week, she is just not capable of doing anything now. The doctors performed several different types of testing parameters and unfortunately the outcome is the fact that it appears that the cancer has spread to her brain as she has a large mass located in the frontal lobe of her brain and also has two other smaller masses located near her brain stem. She told me last night that she had suffered severe headaches for the past 3 weeks now but didn't say anything about it because she was already in such pain all over it seemed. The added pressure on her brain apparently caused this seizure activity and subsequent collapse.

Currently, she has been transported back home and she is so weak that she basically can not do anything for herself at this point. We are in the process of getting sufficient assistance from various people, friends, relatives etc to be with her and offer assistance as needed. She will have to be transported in a wheelchair and the doctors have told her that they will be beginning an aggressive radiation treatment that was re-scheduled a little bit ago and will begin next week now and it will be necessary to have a treatment every day (5 days per week). These treatments will be performed at a different hospital and will require much more effort.

She will require total care for her around the clock, 7 days per week. She will not be allowed to drive at all now even if her strength level greatly improved. During the past 6-8 months, she had tried her best to even work at least one day per week for about 3-4 hours only BUT that is not possible anymore. Sometimes, that just wore her completely out but that was the maximum effort that she could achieve for the past several months now. She has really enjoyed working at NASA for the past 17 years now.

Over the years, I always tried to visit her at least twice a year and she would also try to visit Georgia twice a year as well so that we could always spend some time together. During the past 9 years now, we have shared some really great times together in Alaska, Hawaii, Seattle, all of Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Teresa absolutely means the world to me and just ONE of the reasons is the fact that she absolutely saved my life back on May 29, 2007 when she called me and convinced me that my problem was NOT Heartburn as I thought BUT it was indeed a Heart Attack instead. She was supposed to go to church that night BUT she sensed something was wrong so she called me instead. She convinced me to get to the hospital immediately and my doctors ultimately told me that if I had not arrived when I did, I would not have survived that night. I honestly believe that night was Divine Intervention without a doubt.

Please Pray for her to do her best to win this battle and also for me in offering whatever I can to Teresa during this battle as well.

Last edited:

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Prayers sent

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
::;'s for her AND you, EE!

rjcruiser

Prayers sent for her and for you.

joey1919

Prayers sent EE, hopefully she has a good family around her.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That was hard to read. Prayers sent.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
I am sorry to hear this news EE. Please tell Teresa that her GON family is praying for her. Also praying for you my friend.

LOVEMYLABXS

EE you have become one of my long distant friends here and my thoughts and prayers go out to both of you. I can not imagine the pain you are going thru.

If you ever just need someone to talk to feel free to PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

Stay strong my brother
Your friend
Mike

j_seph

Brother I pray that God's will be done, that no matter what you both keep the faith during this trying times of y'alls lives. I have been down this road, have fought this battle with my late wife and I offer an ear to listen if you just need to talk or have questions I may answer. Brain cancer is a terrible disease and my heart and prayers go out to all involved. If it be God's will then this will be cured, you must have the faith that it can and will. Heart is heavy for you right now

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Prayers sent EE

3ringer

Prayers for her and her family

T-N-T

Prayers for all involved
My heart feels for yall