; ipilot vs ipilot link - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 10:39 AM
castandblast castandblast is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default ipilot vs ipilot link

guys, its time to upgrade my trolling motor. I'm looking at the Terrova and just wanted to see from those who have it or have used ipilot link. Is the Ipilot link worth the difference in the cost from normal Ipilot? I do already have a Humminbird core unit with the Lake Master mapping I-link card. Money is tight, right now so i wanted to hear what you guys thought. I found a good deal on the bare motor with no ipilot or link and was going to add the ilink but the link is as much as the motor itself.

If this helps, I am 90% striper/hybrid fisherman and run downlines off humps in open water and pull planner boards in the spring/fall. The other 10% I will crappie and bass fish. Thanks for help in advance
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Lucient Lucient is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Snellville
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback

I have a Terrova with the Ipilot Link and it is absolutely worth it. It completely changed the way I fish. Following a depth contour helps to keep me where the fish are. Then I can re-trace my tracks and catch the rest of the school. I like fishing deep diving crankbaits and since getting this trolling motor I have crushed the bass at Clarks hill. The trolling motor with ipilot link and the lakemaster card have significantly improved my fishing.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger