; Driving Pet Peeve - Page 4 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum
 


GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM
T-N-T's Avatar
T-N-T T-N-T is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the Dirty South
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceHill View Post
People that don't understand zipper merge.
If zipper merging works then we can zipper before the end of the line. But that doesn't work either.
People don't want the other lane in their lane period. Here or there.
__________________
I don't trophy hunt often, but when I do I am trespassing_____KyDawg
-Chief of Security
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 PM
YankeeRedneck's Avatar
YankeeRedneck YankeeRedneck is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waleska Ga.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

People that get mad at you speeding in the fast lane !!
If I'm going 70 in a 55 and you come up behind me wanting to do 80 I'm probably NOT going to pull over!! Do you want me to go 100 mph??
How fast is fast enough in the far left lane. Especially 75 north out of downtown Atlanta. Geesh!!
__________________
I Love This Place !! I Really Do !!!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:54 PM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRedneck View Post
People that get mad at you speeding in the fast lane !!
If I'm going 70 in a 55 and you come up behind me wanting to do 80 I'm probably NOT going to pull over!! Do you want me to go 100 mph??
How fast is fast enough in the far left lane. Especially 75 north out of downtown Atlanta. Geesh!!
Get out of the way is the law, but I do get in situations where I just won't go any faster and the right lane is going to slow to move over, but as soon as I can I move over because they could have a emergency I know nothing about.

70 is too slow for the fast lane, that's the speed limit on 75 north. I won't even pull into the fast lane on 75 north unless I am prepared to keep up with the crazies.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-25-2017, 12:01 AM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I recently adopted a new rule for me. It's the get there safe is my only job rule. All the "I'll show him" garbage is out the window.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-27-2017, 12:48 AM
YankeeRedneck's Avatar
YankeeRedneck YankeeRedneck is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Waleska Ga.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I understand that you are going to fly at 100 in a 70 I will get over then.
I am talking about doing 70 in a 55 how fast is fast enough?? And if you have an emergency put on your four ways that will surely signal that you have an emergency.
__________________
I Love This Place !! I Really Do !!!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-27-2017, 01:18 AM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRedneck View Post
I understand that you are going to fly at 100 in a 70 I will get over then.
I am talking about doing 70 in a 55 how fast is fast enough?? And if you have an emergency put on your four ways that will surely signal that you have an emergency.
70 in the fast lane in metro Atlanta is too slow. I don't use the fast lane much because I don't like getting over every ten seconds. I am usually in the third lane running 75 just to keep with the flow.

Like I said, the blocking because you think you're going fast enough, might send a message, but it's dangerous. They will pass and cut you off, maybe brake check or other nonsense. It's not worth it

The only place I can remember 55 as a speed limit in Atlanta is I20 inside the perimeter, that's a joke, it's as fast thru there as anywhere and 70 is too slow.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-27-2017, 05:58 AM
GoldDot40's Avatar
GoldDot40 GoldDot40 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colbert, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

^^^^
This man speaks the truth. If somebody comes up on your rear going faster than you in the left lane of a multi-lane hwy...just move out of the way. It's your duty per the law.
__________________
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Equal Opportunity Offender
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM
BeerThirty's Avatar
BeerThirty BeerThirty is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Senoia, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

OK, bringing this back up since I just moved to an area that has several more roundabouts... I guess folks around here just don't know how to properly navigate them? The point is to keep moving and only yield to your left, it's not a 3-way stop and an opportunity to be polite and someone else go.

Also, high-beam lights. Now that it is darker earlier, apparently other drivers don't care about blinding oncoming drivers...

Lastly... rain. People around here drive slower when it rains than people up north when its snowy and icy. I'm completely baffled that when I'm driving 65 on a posted 55, and I'm getting passed left and right. Yet when it's raining, those same people are likely the ones who back it down 45 like the rain is going to somehow magically push them off the road.

Rant over.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 AM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerThirty View Post
OK, bringing this back up since I just moved to an area that has several more roundabouts... I guess folks around here just don't know how to properly navigate them? The point is to keep moving and only yield to your left, it's not a 3-way stop and an opportunity to be polite and someone else go.

Also, high-beam lights. Now that it is darker earlier, apparently other drivers don't care about blinding oncoming drivers...

Lastly... rain. People around here drive slower when it rains than people up north when its snowy and icy. I'm completely baffled that when I'm driving 65 on a posted 55, and I'm getting passed left and right. Yet when it's raining, those same people are likely the ones who back it down 45 like the rain is going to somehow magically push them off the road.

Rant over.
We just got a bunch of roundabouts and some blinking yellow turn arrows, and you're right people don't have a clue. People think the yellow turn arrow is about to turn red and hurry thru and get t boned.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

O'Doyle rules and Yankees can't drive, let's not lose touch with that
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:03 AM
jcountry jcountry is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: mid-ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanG2013 View Post
Was checking to see what your driving pet peeve would be?

Mine are below.

People not using blinkers

Texters

Tail Gating

People going slow in fast lane,

People stopping when they see a cop having someone pulled over on side of road.
Don't drive anywhere in the Northeast. Those idiots make crazy drivers around here look like the finest of ladies and gentlemen.

Friend of mine in NJ told me to never use turn signals up there. People will use that information to cut you off and try their best to cause a wreck. He wasn't kidding.)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:18 AM
BeerThirty's Avatar
BeerThirty BeerThirty is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Senoia, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
Don't drive anywhere in the Northeast. Those idiots make crazy drivers around here look like the finest of ladies and gentlemen.

Friend of mine in NJ told me to never use turn signals up there. People will use that information to cut you off and try their best to cause a wreck. He wasn't kidding.)
I have driven in the NE quite a bit for business (NY and NJ) and what I've experienced up there is not very different than around here.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM
NCHillbilly's Avatar
NCHillbilly NCHillbilly is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smoky Mountains
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerThirty View Post
OK, bringing this back up since I just moved to an area that has several more roundabouts... I guess folks around here just don't know how to properly navigate them? The point is to keep moving and only yield to your left, it's not a 3-way stop and an opportunity to be polite and someone else go.

Also, high-beam lights. Now that it is darker earlier, apparently other drivers don't care about blinding oncoming drivers...

Lastly... rain. People around here drive slower when it rains than people up north when its snowy and icy. I'm completely baffled that when I'm driving 65 on a posted 55, and I'm getting passed left and right. Yet when it's raining, those same people are likely the ones who back it down 45 like the rain is going to somehow magically push them off the road.

Rant over.
Ever had a car hydroplane with you? It will magically push you out of the road, into the wall, or into another car. Especially if you're in a front-wheel drive car. Every time it rains here, some idiot driving 75 mph through the pouring rain hydroplanes, wrecks several other people, and shuts down the interstate for hours.
__________________
Son, I ain't sayin' what's right or wrong, I'm just sayin' how it is.....Black Oak Arkansas
My uncle came running when he heard us screaming and pulled the monkey off me.....Fish Hawk
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:47 AM
BeerThirty's Avatar
BeerThirty BeerThirty is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Senoia, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Ever had a car hydroplane with you? It will magically push you out of the road, into the wall, or into another car. Especially if you're in a front-wheel drive car. Every time it rains here, some idiot driving 75 mph through the pouring rain hydroplanes, wrecks several other people, and shuts down the interstate for hours.
I've never hydroplaned because I'm pretty good at spotting those hazardous areas from a distance, adjusting my speed accordingly and then speeding back up.

An interstate is a bit of an extreme example, anyway. Of course hydroplaning is more likely in that scenario, especially in a downpour. On the other hand, doing 10-15 under in a posted 45 during a typical rainfall where overly cautious driving is not justified will result in me riding your behind dangerously close.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM
NCHillbilly's Avatar
NCHillbilly NCHillbilly is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smoky Mountains
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerThirty View Post
I've never hydroplaned because I'm pretty good at spotting those hazardous areas from a distance, adjusting my speed accordingly and then speeding back up.

An interstate is a bit of an extreme example, anyway. Of course hydroplaning is more likely in that scenario, especially in a downpour. On the other hand, doing 10-15 under in a posted 45 during a typical rainfall where overly cautious driving is not justified will result in me riding your behind dangerously close.
I agree with you on that. I drive a rear-wheel drive truck with good tires anyway. Unfortunately, I have to drive 80 miles of interstate every day.
__________________
Son, I ain't sayin' what's right or wrong, I'm just sayin' how it is.....Black Oak Arkansas
My uncle came running when he heard us screaming and pulled the monkey off me.....Fish Hawk
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Crakajak's Avatar
Crakajak Crakajak is online now
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Leaning tree farms
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRedneck View Post
I understand that you are going to fly at 100 in a 70 I will get over then.
I am talking about doing 70 in a 55 how fast is fast enough?? And if you have an emergency put on your four ways that will surely signal that you have an emergency.
If you have to turn on your flashers it should be an emergency and you should pull over to the side of the road...not keep driving 40 on the interstate for miles on end..
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-06-2017, 01:40 PM
StripeRR HunteRR's Avatar
StripeRR HunteRR StripeRR HunteRR is offline
<---Disruptive Ralph
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Wimmens putting on makeup, especially eye makeup, while in the car but especially while said car is in traffic. The visor is always down so they can see what they're doing, they're looking in the mirror anyway, and the slightest bump in the wrong way/time results in them being essentially blind. What could possibly go wrong with that?
__________________
Dr. StripeRR HunteRR, Psy.D. Specializing in limnetic therapies.
King of Pessimists - Thanks FSUNoles88
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

32 degrees on wet roads and people are blowing by me like it's July.

I am prepared to start hearing ambulance sirens as soon as the black ice shows up.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 AM
ribber's Avatar
ribber ribber is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: middle ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

By far the #1 peeve is the idiots who stop to let folks out when the light is green, and cause me to sit through another red light. Ask anyone who knows me and they will confirm that I absolutely can't stand it.
There is a major intersection where I live that has a Wendy's, a bank, Walgreens, etc. and the red lights are long and green lights are short.
I will have already sat through 3 red lights, the light turns green, and the jackhole in front of me stops to let 4 cars pull out of Wendy's, then I catch the red light again. Hate it with extreme passion.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-10-2017, 08:03 AM
NCHillbilly's Avatar
NCHillbilly NCHillbilly is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smoky Mountains
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribber View Post
By far the #1 peeve is the idiots who stop to let folks out when the light is green, and cause me to sit through another red light. Ask anyone who knows me and they will confirm that I absolutely can't stand it.
There is a major intersection where I live that has a Wendy's, a bank, Walgreens, etc. and the red lights are long and green lights are short.
I will have already sat through 3 red lights, the light turns green, and the jackhole in front of me stops to let 4 cars pull out of Wendy's, then I catch the red light again. Hate it with extreme passion.
What if you're one of the cars pulling out of Wendy's?
__________________
Son, I ain't sayin' what's right or wrong, I'm just sayin' how it is.....Black Oak Arkansas
My uncle came running when he heard us screaming and pulled the monkey off me.....Fish Hawk
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM
BeerThirty's Avatar
BeerThirty BeerThirty is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Senoia, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclair1 View Post
32 degrees on wet roads and people are blowing by me like it's July.

I am prepared to start hearing ambulance sirens as soon as the black ice shows up.
You do realize that just because the air temperature is at freezing doesnít mean the roads are freezing, right? This is the biggest misconception Iíve seen from folks in the south, they think the roads magically ice over at 32.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:36 AM
sinclair1's Avatar
sinclair1 sinclair1 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lake Sinclair/Woodstock Towne lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerThirty View Post
You do realize that just because the air temperature is at freezing doesnít mean the roads are freezing, right? This is the biggest misconception Iíve seen from folks in the south, they think the roads magically ice over at 32.
If it did we all would have crashed. I am a odds guy, so although I speed quite regularly and some times at really high speed, I always make sure the odds are in my favor to not crash or hurt other drivers.

Zooming around at 20 over the speed limit when trees were falling and slush was on the road is a stupid move.

We had a road full of snow and it was only 34 degrees six hours before and it had not fully melted on the shade areas, and still have 6 inches in the grass today, so I guess you can add single thinkers to my pet peeves.
__________________
Living proof stupid people can be opinionated.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Oldstick Oldstick is offline
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perry, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribber View Post
has a Wendy's, a bank, Walgreens, etc. and the red lights are long and green lights are short.
Yep agree, that sounds like Russell Pky and Moody, and if so, it is foolish to even think about trying to go left out of the Wendy's. At main traffic hours especially. One needs to go right then turn around during hours.

I am always the courteous one willing to let almost anyone out, but if they are really expecting to get out left at that location, then they are the ones being rude.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-10-2017, 12:00 PM
basstrkr basstrkr is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: middle georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default Peveeverest

Raining, low light conditions: NO HEADLIGHTS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-10-2017, 12:38 PM
ribber's Avatar
ribber ribber is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: middle ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldstick View Post
Yep agree, that sounds like Russell Pky and Moody, and if so, it is foolish to even think about trying to go left out of the Wendy's. At main traffic hours especially. One needs to go right then turn around during hours.

I am always the courteous one willing to let almost anyone out, but if they are really expecting to get out left at that location, then they are the ones being rude.
I'm fine with letting them out if the light is red and you're not going anywhere. But, some people will stop while the light is green and let them out. Have seen some slam on brakes to let them out. It makes me talk ugly every time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger