; ***General Weather Discussion #10 for 2017 / 2018*** - Page 40 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
Idjit!!
I was saying snow before Christmas way back before thanksgiving and you said that too
Old 02-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappyHoel View Post
I remember it well. We had about a foot or more of snow in Athens. I remember watching my pine trees blow over and real life thunder snow. We were out of school the whole week.
That was my freshman year at UGA. I don't remember a foot, more like 3-4 inches. The night before it rained all evening and at least till we went to bed (passed out) in the dorm about 230am. Woke up to snow. Evidently the cold air didn't get to us in time to make use of all the moisture. Didn't have to go far north/NW to see the crazy totals.

A buddy of mine and I walked up to 5 points that morning and bought the last 12 pack of beer from the gas station there. Joint looked like it had been looted as ALL the beer was gone and this was well before noon. We just carried that case all over campus and drank! Half the student body had the same idea. Was a very neat day in Athens.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We will see mid 60's and even 70's over the next two weeks. But will rain cyclically occurring over that same period.

A lot of hubub is being made about the current anticipated Stratospheric warming, trending negative AO and impending brutal Polar Vortex that could result and invade the US in early March. Currently some are getting very excited about it, but the fact remains nobody has a clue what the outcome will be yet.

As a reminder for all of you celebrating that Winter is over, here are a couple of March temps from 1993 as a reminder how fast things can change. If you remember 1993 then you'll remember what came with those temps as well.
On that day here, there was nearly four feet of snow, with 15' drifts, and the low temp was right at 0. March snow is normal here. It snowed five feet deep on Mount Pisgah here in my county on May 7, 1992. I can remember several big snows in April.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmp1 View Post
Real truck,,,, lol lol lol,,,,
Dude, someone vandalized your truck and stuck a yankee blade on the front...probably have a Deetroyt stickah on the back too.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:11 AM
FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR

It commenced a hard steady rain between 5 or 6 this morning and hasn`t let up yet. Been a few tornadoes between here and Seminole already.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:28 AM
GON Severe Weatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
It commenced a hard steady rain between 5 or 6 this morning and hasn`t let up yet. Been a few tornadoes between here and Seminole already.
I just got done watchin one of those warned cells. I didn't see it as a nader, but if they say so. Those cells act different down yonder. Or maybe the radar signature is just different because of all the gnats the nader is sucking up into the cloud.

A gnat wrapped nader is harder to spot than a rain wrapped nader.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot44 View Post
Dude, someone vandalized your truck and stuck a yankee blade on the front...probably have a Deetroyt stickah on the back too.

Uh... Simon and simon had a blade and they wuz cool tadeff!
Old 02-11-2018, 10:47 AM
FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
I just got done watchin one of those warned cells. I didn't see it as a nader, but if they say so. Those cells act different down yonder. Or maybe the radar signature is just different because of all the gnats the nader is sucking up into the cloud.

A gnat wrapped nader is harder to spot than a rain wrapped nader.

Gnats, yeller flies, and skeeters.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:28 AM

Ugh. Muggy and drizzling here today. When will it cool off again? Locals saying low 70’s by mid week.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey30725 View Post
Ugh. Muggy and drizzling here today. When will it cool off again? Locals saying low 70ís by mid week.
Its down hill from here little feller! It will be 98f with 100% humidity soon enough... God's speed!
Old 02-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Pouring rain here all weekend so far. Temps in the 60s. Love it. Hope it warms up soon. I'm ready for ramps, morels, fish biting, garden growing, green and alive instead of everything cold, dead, and gray.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood on the ground View Post
Its down hill from here little feller! It will be 98f with 100% humidity soon enough... God's speed!
Yeah...Like I said a few days back...I saw and heard a flock of sand hill cranes...winter is done.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:24 PM
GON Severe Weatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey30725 View Post
Ugh. Muggy and drizzling here today. When will it cool off again? Locals saying low 70ís by mid week.
Usually get a cool snap the first couple of weeks of March then after that you'll have to wait for October.