indian burial grounds

.243wssm

the ones i saw were on the side of a steep hill leading down into a river/swamp and the rocks were a little bit bigger than a softball and it was like 3 feet high , 3 feet across , 7 foot long with a dead tree at the bottom with rocks around it there were 2 or 3 other ones i saw the same size or a little bit smaller on the way back up the hill and somebody said there was half a canoe found by the river

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
the ones i saw were on the side of a steep hill leading down into a river/swamp and the rocks were a little bit bigger than a softball and it was like 3 feet high , 3 feet across , 7 foot long with a dead tree at the bottom with rocks around it there were 2 or 3 other ones i saw the same size or a little bit smaller on the way back up the hill and somebody said there was half a canoe found by the river

What you describe could be a grave, but it could be early settlers too. Hard to say without some good pics of them.

swamphawg

The mounds on my place face southeast but they are in a long line adjacent to a major creek on the slope of a hill. Granted they could be the result of loggin years ago, I'm not sure, but I do know for a fact there was a heavy concentration of indians there. There is pottery and flint almost everywhere you look. Hard to say though.

the HEED!

Banned
i came across a mound of sorts with smaller mounds around it on warwoman wma years back while deer hunting, i walked up on the edges and looked across the top and noticed the smaller mounds around it, I remember it gave me a disturbing feeling of some kind, really couldnt put my finger on it

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
This is a grave. One of many on this ridge.

Attachments

• The woods 021mod.jpg
    The woods 021mod.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 9,059

swamphawg

How can you tell that's a grave and not just a pile of rocks?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
How can you tell that's a grave and not just a pile of rocks?

Had a local expert that moves or identifies Indian graves for preservation for developers have a look and verify. His business does site surveys and archeological digs, he does a lot of work for federal property too.

swamphawg

I got you. that's pretty awesome man!

Latest posts