GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Bowfishing!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Gaducker's Avatar
Gaducker Gaducker is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the boat
iTrader: (24) Check/Add Feedback
Default boat pics

Let me see some boat pics with some plat forms and lights. I want to build a platform with the lights made on it so it can be hoisted off and on. Thanks Chris
__________________
And the first words out of my friends mouth to the GW, Can that dog smell corn??????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 PM
killitgrillit killitgrillit is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Heard county
iTrader: (59) Check/Add Feedback
Default boat pics

Here's a few of mine, I just built it last fall. it is removable.

__________________
On the roost or on the ground, high fence, low fence or stuck in a fence, if I can tag it and eat it, it's hunting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
S Adams's Avatar
S Adams S Adams is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ga
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default bowfishing boat

It works
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
j_seph's Avatar
j_seph j_seph is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: JawGa
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Question, not to de-rail but how stable is the boat while standing on the platform? I have a Carolina Skiff w/ a big front deck. Do ya'll put the platforms on for a flat place to stand or to get you higher off the water
__________________
"The nation behaves well if it treats its natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value."-Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2009, 07:46 PM
S Adams's Avatar
S Adams S Adams is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ga
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_seph View Post
Question, not to de-rail but how stable is the boat while standing on the platform? I have a Carolina Skiff w/ a big front deck. Do ya'll put the platforms on for a flat place to stand or to get you higher off the water
Mine is stable and its to get higher off the water(more for daytime shooting)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Holton Holton is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Just this side of the big rock Stone Mountain
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Man I bet them lights will make a shinny spot out there in the water.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
RIVER_CAT's Avatar
RIVER_CAT RIVER_CAT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pumpkin Town,SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Heres mine...





__________________
Team RIDIN DIRTY
2009 BAA World Champion,Georgia Bowfishing Assocation,Backwater Bowfishing, American Airboat Co.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
RIVER_CAT's Avatar
RIVER_CAT RIVER_CAT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pumpkin Town,SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I also have my other boat up forsale...... In the classifieds. Oh by the way.....its all clean and ready to go again










http://i149.phot
__________________
Team RIDIN DIRTY
2009 BAA World Champion,Georgia Bowfishing Assocation,Backwater Bowfishing, American Airboat Co.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
seaweaver's Avatar
seaweaver seaweaver is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilmington Island Ga./ Caldwell NC
iTrader: (11) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Holy cow....I thought I'd seen some crazy boats...but ...WOW!
...and I work on boats for a living!
I had no idea there were fellas getting nut crazy about bow fishing...
I better not try it!

man...

Those are carp right? what do you do w/ them?
__________________
Any fool can kill a shark.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Woodsman69's Avatar
Woodsman69 Woodsman69 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

What kind of lights are y'all running, I need to get some like the ones pictured? Where can you buy them at?
__________________
Semper Fi Do or Die!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
bross07's Avatar
bross07 bross07 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thomasville, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

What do you do with all those grass carp?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
RIVER_CAT's Avatar
RIVER_CAT RIVER_CAT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pumpkin Town,SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman69 View Post
What kind of lights are y'all running, I need to get some like the ones pictured? Where can you buy them at?
Im running 400 watt HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lights and i have a few 250s on the airboat also since im running such a small genny.

I built the lights that are on the airboat. They are remote ballast setup so that the weight of them is in the rear of the boat and they have a nice small size fixture on the deck. The lights are heavy and sorta expensive....but well worth it IMO.

The ones on the fan boat were bought at the local electrical supply house in town. They all take some time to warm up and cool back down if turned off. usually 5 minutes to full warm on a well used light that is use to arcing. The 250s are still new and take a bit longer. But time i run into a cove..flip the lights on....get the muffs off and grab the bows and get ready to shoot.....theres plenty of light to start working the fish over with

I like the lights....some say they dont due to the orange tint. They cut the water realy well and produce alot of light for very little power.

You can also get them in a MH format (metal halide) Which is a super bright white light. I dont care too much for them due to the glare you get back from the light hitting the water.

You should be able to find these lights at local electrical warehouses. Bryan sells them at www.BackwaterBowfishing.com also

Ill post some more pics when i get back from TN this weekend.
__________________
Team RIDIN DIRTY
2009 BAA World Champion,Georgia Bowfishing Assocation,Backwater Bowfishing, American Airboat Co.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
RIVER_CAT's Avatar
RIVER_CAT RIVER_CAT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pumpkin Town,SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross07 View Post
What do you do with all those grass carp?
Those are not grass carp.......those are common carp and suckers.

this is a grass carp along with some small commons.....



__________________
Team RIDIN DIRTY
2009 BAA World Champion,Georgia Bowfishing Assocation,Backwater Bowfishing, American Airboat Co.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Woodsman69's Avatar
Woodsman69 Woodsman69 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER_CAT View Post
Im running 400 watt HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lights and i have a few 250s on the airboat also since im running such a small genny.

I built the lights that are on the airboat. They are remote ballast setup so that the weight of them is in the rear of the boat and they have a nice small size fixture on the deck. The lights are heavy and sorta expensive....but well worth it IMO.

The ones on the fan boat were bought at the local electrical supply house in town. They all take some time to warm up and cool back down if turned off. usually 5 minutes to full warm on a well used light that is use to arcing. The 250s are still new and take a bit longer. But time i run into a cove..flip the lights on....get the muffs off and grab the bows and get ready to shoot.....theres plenty of light to start working the fish over with

I like the lights....some say they dont due to the orange tint. They cut the water realy well and produce alot of light for very little power.

You can also get them in a MH format (metal halide) Which is a super bright white light. I dont care too much for them due to the glare you get back from the light hitting the water.

You should be able to find these lights at local electrical warehouses. Bryan sells them at www.BackwaterBowfishing.com also

Ill post some more pics when i get back from TN this weekend.
Thanks I don't bow fish just gig flounder and sheep heads down on the Gulf in the Florida Panhandle but I think those light would work for me. Right now I just run some 12 volt tractor utility lights off of a couple of boat batteries but my partner just acquired a generator so we are looking upgrade our lights also.
Name:  flounderlights3_emailsize.jpg
Views: 5492
Size:  204.3 KB
Name:  giggingtrip_9_2007.jpg
Views: 2696
Size:  263.0 KB
__________________
Semper Fi Do or Die!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
RIVER_CAT's Avatar
RIVER_CAT RIVER_CAT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pumpkin Town,SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

yes those would work great.......heres some we got from the fan boat 2 summers ago.... Ive shot some.....in well over 10' of water(secrect spot).....i know cause dad had a gig on a 10' piece of conduit and you couldnt touch the bottom....He about drown me trying to keep from falling in cause i couldnt touch the bottom with the gig....he was hold my legs and trying to pull me back over the rail.......while my head was in the water....

Just drift over them....come back around and let the eagle fly! cause they just layin there


I got some more pics ill upload soon
Attached Images
   
__________________
Team RIDIN DIRTY
2009 BAA World Champion,Georgia Bowfishing Assocation,Backwater Bowfishing, American Airboat Co.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Woodsman69's Avatar
Woodsman69 Woodsman69 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER_CAT View Post
yes those would work great.......heres some we got from the fan boat 2 summers ago.... Ive shot some.....in well over 10' of water(secrect spot).....i know cause dad had a gig on a 10' piece of conduit and you couldnt touch the bottom....He about drown me trying to keep from falling in cause i couldnt touch the bottom with the gig....he was hold my legs and trying to pull me back over the rail.......while my head was in the water....

Just drift over them....come back around and let the eagle fly! cause they just layin there


I got some more pics ill upload soon
Nice! That's some eating right there!
__________________
Semper Fi Do or Die!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
GA Bowfisher's Avatar
GA Bowfisher GA Bowfisher is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grovetown
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Here’s some of our new boat
Attached Images
    
__________________
BAA
GBA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Blondie~4~Browning's Avatar
Blondie~4~Browning Blondie~4~Browning is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Macon, Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

awesome! ya'll are gettin' ready!!
__________________
Sisterhood of the Rum Creek Gang I and II
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger