Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lawrenceville
iTrader: (10) Check/Add Feedback
Angry Expelled after hunting...another moronic public school decision

The wonderful government school Zero Tolerance Policy rears it's ugly head again. Is there no common sense left? What a bunch of idiotic cowards........

January 17, 2010
Expelled After Hunting
by Gerry Bethge


From News 10 in Sacramento :

WILLOWS, CA - A 17-year-old Willows student will have the National Rifle Association behind him when he appeals his expulsion from school for having a shotgun in his pick-up truck.

Like many youngsters his age, Gary Tudesko likes to hunt. "I hunt ducks, geese, all types of waterfowl," said Tudesko.

But last October, his recreational pursuits landed him in trouble at Willows High School.

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.

Tudesko was in class when he was called to the principal's office. He soon learned why.


"They brought in a private sniffing dog and it alerted on my truck and they found the guns," Tudesko said. The weapons belonged to Tudesko and his friend.

Claiming he was a danger to himself and other students, Tudesko was suspended and eventually handed a year-long expulsion.

His mother, Susan Parisio, said, "What happened to him wasn't right," Tudesko's mother Susan Parisio said.

Parisio said it's an important distinction that her son's truck was parked on a public street. "I asked the police and the district attorney's office if he did anything wrong and they said no," Parisio said.

However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.

The NRA came to Tudesko's aid, saying school officials are misinterpreting the law. An NRA lawyer plans to be by Tudesko's side when he appeals his expulsion Tuesday at the Glenn County Office of Education at 10 a.m.

Tudesko said he's eager to return to Willows High and graduate on time with his class.

"I'm thinking about going into to some type of law enforcement," Tudesko said.
__________________
"A hundred years from now it won't matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of truck I drove.........but the world will be a better place because I was important in the life of my two boys."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Nugefan's Avatar
Nugefan Nugefan is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dacula
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I hate to say it but it doesn't surprise my anymore .....and he parked off campus how is he in violation ???


you'd a thought they would have brought a " drug " dog in ....
__________________
Gonna spend the last half of my life tryin' to fix the things I screwed up the first half ...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
11P&YBOWHUNTER's Avatar
11P&YBOWHUNTER 11P&YBOWHUNTER is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: My Place
iTrader: (37) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The kid won. It was on the news yesterday. They are reenstating him and his record will be exponged
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Throwback's Avatar
Throwback Throwback is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Demilitarized Zone
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

He got released from prison and they're upset?


T
__________________
He (Ben Lilly)equaled Cooper's Deerslayer in woodcraft, in hardihood, in simplicity–and also in loquacity."
Teddy Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Twenty five ought six Twenty five ought six is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: At home
iTrader: (20) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Calif teen with guns near school reinstated
The Associated Press
Posted: 01/22/2010 03:13:17 PM PST
Updated: 01/22/2010 03:13:18 PM PST

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—A Northern California teenager is being allowed to return to his former high school after he was expelled for having shotguns in his pickup truck.

The Glenn County Board of Education on Friday reinstated 17-year-old Gary Tudesko, a junior at Willows High School, and ordered the expulsion removed from his record.

The board said school officials exceeded their authority when they expelled Tudesko since the guns were not on school grounds or brought to a school-sponsored event. Tudesko's truck was parked on a public street near the school when the weapons were discovered on Oct. 26.

The teen says he went hunting that morning and did not have time to bring the guns back home.

Willows High School Principal Mort Geivett says the board's decision is disappointing and not in the best interest of the county's kids.

Isn't that insubordination?

Here's a new clip which is pretty sympathetic, and adds that the school has to pay Todesko's expenses for bringing the appeal.

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=66921@kovr.dayport.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lawrenceville
iTrader: (10) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11P&YBOWHUNTER View Post
The kid won. It was on the news yesterday. They are reenstating him and his record will be exponged
Awesome news! I figured he had a chance when the NRA got involved.
__________________
"A hundred years from now it won't matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of truck I drove.........but the world will be a better place because I was important in the life of my two boys."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lawrenceville
iTrader: (10) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty five ought six View Post
Isn't that insubordination?
Yes, he's insubordinate. In addition to being ignorant, higher than though, anti - 2nd Amendment, etc., etc.
__________________
"A hundred years from now it won't matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of truck I drove.........but the world will be a better place because I was important in the life of my two boys."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Al33's Avatar
Al33 Al33 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Marietta
iTrader: (21) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.
__________________
Al
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
cardfan cardfan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Powder Springs GA
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

These zero tolerance policies are going to come home to roost when these children become tomorrows leaders...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
BBQBOSS BBQBOSS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Woodstick
iTrader: (20) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al33 View Post
Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.
You are very correct sir. The lack of use of common sense is grossly out of control because of these bogus governmental mandates and zero tolerance policies in place.

It's actually kind of sickening...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
FX Jenkins's Avatar
FX Jenkins FX Jenkins is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NOVA somewhere around Snickersgap
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty five ought six View Post
Here's a new clip which is pretty sympathetic, and adds that the school has to pay Todesko's expenses for bringing the appeal.

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=66921@kovr.dayport.com
GOOD!!!! I would consider filing a defamation lawsuit against the principal as well....his last comments are slanderous at the least...


but that reporter did his best flame the event....a "STUNNING" reversal... the reporter even said the student drove back to school.....and that they should have expelled him on the Gun issue...screwed up the report if you ask me....

actually found two reports...one is more sympathetic than the other....still has that crew cut clown saying " this sets a dangerous precedent, we think he'll continue to bring guns to school" Hes not bringing them TO SCHOOL if he's parking off campus....people are stupid....
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough
to take away everything you have." -Jefferson "I sey, logwood burnin through the nights" -Marley

Last edited by FX Jenkins; 01-25-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
patchestc's Avatar
patchestc patchestc is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: waycross, ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

somebody doesn't have enough work to do.
__________________
Is anything more fun than a kid's first fish?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Lightninrod's Avatar
Lightninrod Lightninrod is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Warner Robins, Ga, CSA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Bet it would have never happened if he was a muslim... Can't have racial profiling don't ya know?
__________________
"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wadin the Creek
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

School District Nazi's at their finest. This case is going to outrage the anti-gun / anti-hunting crowd because I have a sneaking suspicion that this one will be overturned in a big way. It would be fitting if a counter suit for violation of civil rights were filed against the school district after this action is overturned. It would make schools temper their zero tolerance policies, as they should have been doing all along. In other words, it would impart the use of the long lost art of Common Sense.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Caribou Lou Caribou Lou is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Glad he won and everything but it got me thinking. My high school started at 7:25 and had to leave the house by 7 or so to get there on time with all the kids on the road. Not much time to go hunting before school starts, seems a little fishy?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
nhancedsvt nhancedsvt is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Forsyth, GA
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
Glad he won and everything but it got me thinking. My high school started at 7:25 and had to leave the house by 7 or so to get there on time with all the kids on the road. Not much time to go hunting before school starts, seems a little fishy?
My school started at 8:15...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
BRANCHWYNN's Avatar
BRANCHWYNN BRANCHWYNN is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DECATUR COUNTY, GA.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

COULD THEY SEARCH THE TRUCK AT MY HOUSE if he would have parked it there?? LIBERAL WIERDOS!!!
__________________
-SOUTHERN IS AS SOUTHERN DOES- "I DIDN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA, BECAUSE I LOVE AMERICA."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
jkoch's Avatar
jkoch jkoch is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hogansville Ga
iTrader: (13) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
Glad he won and everything but it got me thinking. My high school started at 7:25 and had to leave the house by 7 or so to get there on time with all the kids on the road. Not much time to go hunting before school starts, seems a little fishy?
It' California, nobody starts school before 8:30,Plenty of time to kill a few ducks.
__________________
Never pick a fight with an old man, if he is too old to fight he will just kill you!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Ga Sportsman's Avatar
Ga Sportsman Ga Sportsman is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Butts County.......Yes, I am serious!!!!!!!
iTrader: (129) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
The wonderful government school Zero Tolerance Policy rears it's ugly head again. Is there no common sense left? What a bunch of idiotic cowards........

January 17, 2010
Expelled After Hunting
by Gerry Bethge


From News 10 in Sacramento :

WILLOWS, CA - A 17-year-old Willows student will have the National Rifle Association behind him when he appeals his expulsion from school for having a shotgun in his pick-up truck.

Like many youngsters his age, Gary Tudesko likes to hunt. "I hunt ducks, geese, all types of waterfowl," said Tudesko.

But last October, his recreational pursuits landed him in trouble at Willows High School.

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.

Tudesko was in class when he was called to the principal's office. He soon learned why.


"They brought in a private sniffing dog and it alerted on my truck and they found the guns," Tudesko said. The weapons belonged to Tudesko and his friend.

Claiming he was a danger to himself and other students, Tudesko was suspended and eventually handed a year-long expulsion.

His mother, Susan Parisio, said, "What happened to him wasn't right," Tudesko's mother Susan Parisio said.

Parisio said it's an important distinction that her son's truck was parked on a public street. "I asked the police and the district attorney's office if he did anything wrong and they said no," Parisio said.

However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.
The NRA came to Tudesko's aid, saying school officials are misinterpreting the law. An NRA lawyer plans to be by Tudesko's side when he appeals his expulsion Tuesday at the Glenn County Office of Education at 10 a.m.

Tudesko said he's eager to return to Willows High and graduate on time with his class.

"I'm thinking about going into to some type of law enforcement," Tudesko said.
According to this BRANCH, then yes, they could have searched his truck at your house during school hours. Says "anywhere"
__________________
Life isn't fair.....And the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Ta-ton-ka chips's Avatar
Ta-ton-ka chips Ta-ton-ka chips is offline
GONetwork Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Marietta, Ga
iTrader: (7) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al33 View Post
Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQBOSS View Post
You are very correct sir. The lack of use of common sense is grossly out of control because of these bogus governmental mandates and zero tolerance policies in place.

It's actually kind of sickening...
Probably not an abuse of power by the Principal, he's not that smart. Just another oxygen stealing Govt employee

The Principal as a Govt employee, is not smart enough to work in the private sector. He needs the zero tolerance guidelines so he won't be asked to think while fulfilling his job requirements of indoctrinating the next generation of welfare recipients.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Dead Eye Eddy Dead Eye Eddy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Buford, Ga
iTrader: (211) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I'm agree with the verdict 110%, and I'm glad the school board is having to foot the legal bills. Now, the NRA can use the money to fight for someone else.

When I was in school, I had the same idea. I never chanced it though because I only lived a mile from the school. More than once, I loaded everything but my guns in the van for the weekend hunting trip and left the gun cases inside the door at the house. From the time I left school, I could be on the road going hunting in less than 10 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
RoosterTodd's Avatar
RoosterTodd RoosterTodd is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Juliette Georgia
iTrader: (7) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Just when you think the courts have completely lost sight of justice, something like this comes along and gives me a little hope that things can turn around. Good for that young man!
__________________
Make Woody's a better place. Put a troll on your ignore list today.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
BRANCHWYNN's Avatar
BRANCHWYNN BRANCHWYNN is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DECATUR COUNTY, GA.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Sportsman View Post
According to this BRANCH, then yes, they could have searched his truck at your house during school hours. Says "anywhere"
That was the section I was referring to.....un-real. Gotta be a violation of rights on this rule. Like I said...LIBERAL WIERDOS....must have come up with this one.
__________________
-SOUTHERN IS AS SOUTHERN DOES- "I DIDN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA, BECAUSE I LOVE AMERICA."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 PM
redneckcamo
Guest
 
Default

must be an obama supporter
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
NOYDB's Avatar
NOYDB NOYDB is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Woodstock
iTrader: (14) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sort of like the zero tolerance for drugs.......

Or maybe discharging soldiers who are serving honorably because they happen to be gay.

When you wonder where this stuff comes from, don't forget to look close to home.
__________________
A problem is just an opportunity to buy more tools!
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L. Coming to an ignore list near you!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Caribou Lou Caribou Lou is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
My school started at 8:15...
uh, I'm crazy for not knowing what time your school started? Most of the people I have ever met started school at 7:30 latest in high school. Guess that makes me crazy though???

On a useful note though, I didn't see it was in California so I would imagine school would start different out there than here in Ga. Glad he won.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 AM
T.P.'s Avatar
T.P. T.P. is offline
All day every day all nite
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Carnesville, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

When I was in school in the late '80s here in Jackson County there was a gun in every other vehicle in the parking lot. Half the kids in school went hunting after class, so they brought their guns to school so when they left school they could go to the woods.
It was no big deal to bring it into Ag class and show all your buddies and teachers. But, we didn't shoot people back then either. Never would have crossed or mind to use a gun in a criminal act.
Too much T.V. screwing up minds today...
__________________
Poorstaff Member
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Swamp Runner's Avatar
Swamp Runner Swamp Runner is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

And we continue to allow schools to operate this way and then send our children to be educated and indoctrinated by them.. why?
__________________
Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Luckybuck Luckybuck is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lake Allatoona
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I could shoot as I did many mornings and still quickly run home and have time to catch the school bus. Maybe the principal doesn't like hunting, or maybe he wasn't asked to the kids honey hole. How did they know to search the vehicle, just wondering.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 AM
germag's Avatar
germag germag is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cherokee County, GA
iTrader: (32) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al33 View Post
Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.
This is absolutely true...however, it's sort of a double-edged sword, too. The only reason I can think of for having zero-tolerance policies in the first place is because you know that the people you have hired as administrators don't have enough common sense to make the right call. If you have the right people in place and the administrators are allowed to use their own judgement, it could be a really good thing...on the other hand, if you have the wrong people in place...The policies can be changed. I see the people running the show as a bigger problem.

I view zero-tolerance policies as you do. They eliminate any use of common sense, if you're lucky enough to have people in place that possess common sense. But...apparently most of the sheeple-at-large don't have a problem with these policies or administrations.....if we did we would have changed them a long time ago.
__________________
NRA Life Member, GCO Member, GSSF Member, NRA Certified Rifle Instructor and, oddly enough, Member Revolutionary War Veterans Association (I look a lot younger).
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
biggsteve's Avatar
biggsteve biggsteve is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cleveland, georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

ok. so now, after the big law suit against the school and it's policies, suppose some wacko kid brings a rifle to school and shoots one of your kids. then, you'd be screaming...'why did this happen? how could this happen? wasn't anyone in charge? who's to blame?' sounds like 'shotgun boy' told someone about the gun in school, a someone dropped a dime on him. next time, keep yer trap shut. or leave the gun home. duh.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
LEON MANLEY's Avatar
LEON MANLEY LEON MANLEY is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: eatonton, ga
iTrader: (17) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggsteve View Post
ok. so now, after the big law suit against the school and it's policies, suppose some wacko kid brings a rifle to school and shoots one of your kids. then, you'd be screaming...'why did this happen? how could this happen? wasn't anyone in charge? who's to blame?' sounds like 'shotgun boy' told someone about the gun in school, a someone dropped a dime on him. next time, keep yer trap shut. or leave the gun home. duh.
Then take the kid that does the shooting and hang them by their neck from the flag pole and that should slow down the thought process of shooting kids at school.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
germag's Avatar
germag germag is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cherokee County, GA
iTrader: (32) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggsteve View Post
ok. so now, after the big law suit against the school and it's policies, suppose some wacko kid brings a rifle to school and shoots one of your kids. then, you'd be screaming...'why did this happen? how could this happen? wasn't anyone in charge? who's to blame?' sounds like 'shotgun boy' told someone about the gun in school, a someone dropped a dime on him. next time, keep yer trap shut. or leave the gun home. duh.
That's really kind of beside the point. If the truck had been parked on school property, then it would be different. It wasn't. The school authorities clearly overstepped their bounds. Their jurisdiction ENDS at the school yard boundary. If we allow any agency with authority over individuals to do that and get away with it, we are headed down a slippery slope.
__________________
NRA Life Member, GCO Member, GSSF Member, NRA Certified Rifle Instructor and, oddly enough, Member Revolutionary War Veterans Association (I look a lot younger).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 AM
biggsteve's Avatar
biggsteve biggsteve is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cleveland, georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

yeah. like that's gonna happen.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:40 AM
biggsteve's Avatar
biggsteve biggsteve is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cleveland, georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

question---are 17yo people allowed to carry [in their car] firearms in california? are they allowed to buy bullets? i dunno. i'm just askin'....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
FX Jenkins's Avatar
FX Jenkins FX Jenkins is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NOVA somewhere around Snickersgap
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
When I was in school in the late '80s here in Jackson County there was a gun in every other vehicle in the parking lot. Half the kids in school went hunting after class, so they brought their guns to school so when they left school they could go to the woods.
It was no big deal to bring it into Ag class and show all your buddies and teachers. But, we didn't shoot people back then either. Never would have crossed or mind to use a gun in a criminal act.
Too much T.V. screwing up minds today...
Same story here....
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough
to take away everything you have." -Jefferson "I sey, logwood burnin through the nights" -Marley
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Bill Mc's Avatar
Bill Mc Bill Mc is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Georgia somewhat south of the Mountains
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggsteve View Post
ok. so now, after the big law suit against the school and it's policies, suppose some wacko kid brings a rifle to school and shoots one of your kids. then, you'd be screaming...'why did this happen? how could this happen? wasn't anyone in charge? who's to blame?' sounds like 'shotgun boy' told someone about the gun in school, a someone dropped a dime on him. next time, keep yer trap shut. or leave the gun home. duh.
The point is, he did not bring to shotgun inside the school building.

A shotgun off campus cannot hurt anyone inside the school.
__________________
BARACK OBAMA! PUTTING THE Rx IN MARXISM!
"Res Non Verba" Facts not words.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
jmar28's Avatar
jmar28 jmar28 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Henry County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Personally I think the kid is a liar, quote from him

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.


If you watch the video clip, the reporter said that he has had over 26 refferals, I'm pretty sure just high school.

Now a person with 26 referrals is a trouble maker and I don't think he cared to much about being late for school.

I think he was with his buddies and got all Billy Bad Bottom with it after going hunting and parked just outside of the school grounds for shock value.

People driving by and seeing a shotgun in a truck just outside of school grounds and got freaked out and thought of Columbine all over again.

I think he intentionally did it and managed and lucked up he got away with it

Just my .02
__________________
"I'd start him. Pro ball ain't THAT much different than college" quote from Gatorcountry on whether Tebow should be starting QB
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
germag's Avatar
germag germag is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cherokee County, GA
iTrader: (32) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar28 View Post
Personally I think the kid is a liar, quote from him

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.


If you watch the video clip, the reporter said that he has had over 26 refferals, I'm pretty sure just high school.

Now a person with 26 referrals is a trouble maker and I don't think he cared to much about being late for school.

I think he was with his buddies and got all Billy Bad Bottom with it after going hunting and parked just outside of the school grounds for shock value.

People driving by and seeing a shotgun in a truck just outside of school grounds and got freaked out and thought of Columbine all over again.

I think he intentionally did it and managed and lucked up he got away with it

Just my .02
All that may be true. However, it was still outside the jurisdiction of the school authorities if it was parked off-campus. If they were concerned, they should have advised local authorities and let them decide if some law had been broken.
__________________
NRA Life Member, GCO Member, GSSF Member, NRA Certified Rifle Instructor and, oddly enough, Member Revolutionary War Veterans Association (I look a lot younger).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
shadow2's Avatar
shadow2 shadow2 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Breaking week minds
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

glad to hear that he was allowed back in school. Off camus is off campus plane and simple. Hunting before or right after school was very common where i went to school in
__________________
It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
jmar28's Avatar
jmar28 jmar28 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Henry County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by germag View Post
All that may be true. However, it was still outside the jurisdiction of the school authorities if it was parked off-campus. If they were concerned, they should have advised local authorities and let them decide if some law had been broken.
No your right, the school shot themselves in the foot by not contacting the police to come and investigate.

I just don't think the kid parked there just so he wouldn't be late for school. Plain and simple, I believe he wanted to show out in front of his buddies
__________________
"I'd start him. Pro ball ain't THAT much different than college" quote from Gatorcountry on whether Tebow should be starting QB
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM
shadow2's Avatar
shadow2 shadow2 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Breaking week minds
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar28 View Post
No your right, the school shot themselves in the foot by not contacting the police to come and investigate.

I just don't think the kid parked there just so he wouldn't be late for school. Plain and simple, I believe he wanted to show out in front of his buddies

or he parked ther B/C he new that he could not have the guns on school property. I have done this many times in the past. No showing off about it.. just did not want to deal with the hassle. Park next door and walk over.
__________________
It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
jmar28's Avatar
jmar28 jmar28 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Henry County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2 View Post
or he parked ther B/C he new that he could not have the guns on school property. I have done this many times in the past. No showing off about it.. just did not want to deal with the hassle. Park next door and walk over.
Right because he knew he would go to jail if he did.
Not doubting you didn't do it,

Just doubting this boys logic of why he did it. I don't by into the whole " I didn't want to be late for school" bit. "So I just parked my vehicle outside of school grounds and just happened to have my weapons in view for everybody to see that came in after me"
__________________
"I'd start him. Pro ball ain't THAT much different than college" quote from Gatorcountry on whether Tebow should be starting QB
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Well, yeah, there is more to the story. The young man is "discipline challenged".

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=481647
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
shadow2's Avatar
shadow2 shadow2 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Breaking week minds
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

bottom line the school had no right to suspend him for it being in his truck on city property. If he had been on campus or at a school function i could buy it. Just not parked on a city street. By there thaught they would have a right to check you truck on sat afternoon parked at wal mart.
__________________
It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
jmar28's Avatar
jmar28 jmar28 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Henry County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2 View Post
bottom line the school had no right to suspend him for it being in his truck on city property. If he had been on campus or at a school function i could buy it. Just not parked on a city street. By there thaught they would have a right to check you truck on sat afternoon parked at wal mart.

I don't buy that or believe that any school system thinks that, He was probably parked just barely over the school's property which threw up red flags everywhere.

People get all in an uproar, "THEY ARE DENYING THAT BOY HIS RIGHTS, THE SCHOOL HAS NO RIGHT TO SEARCH THAT BOY'S VEHICLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE"

What's done is done, no sense in arguing about it, they searched and found guns, they expelled him, he appealed and came back.
__________________
"I'd start him. Pro ball ain't THAT much different than college" quote from Gatorcountry on whether Tebow should be starting QB
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
germag's Avatar
germag germag is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cherokee County, GA
iTrader: (32) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar28 View Post
I don't buy that or believe that any school system thinks that, He was probably parked just barely over the school's property which threw up red flags everywhere.

People get all in an uproar, "THEY ARE DENYING THAT BOY HIS RIGHTS, THE SCHOOL HAS NO RIGHT TO SEARCH THAT BOY'S VEHICLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE"

What's done is done, no sense in arguing about it, they searched and found guns, they expelled him, he appealed and came back.
Start buying....here's a quote from the school system in question:

"However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.
"
__________________
NRA Life Member, GCO Member, GSSF Member, NRA Certified Rifle Instructor and, oddly enough, Member Revolutionary War Veterans Association (I look a lot younger).
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 PM
shadow2's Avatar
shadow2 shadow2 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Breaking week minds
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by germag View Post
Start buying....here's a quote from the school system in question:

"However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.
"
Thank you

and if you go to the link and watch all the news reports the boy was NOT on any part of school grounds.
__________________
It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
jmar28's Avatar
jmar28 jmar28 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Henry County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I think i'll pass up on my purchase,

The same thread topic was brought up earlier and here is a different article about the situation.

I have to agree with the kids lawyer who says the "Education Code" needs to be better defined.

But as you can tell from the article the truck was only feet away from the schools tennis ground. Thanks to
5HwnBoys for the article I copied and pasted from his thread

In the end, the case of a Willows teenager expelled for having hunting guns in his pickup truck parked next to campus didn't focus on gun rights.
It became a question of whether the authority of school officials to enforce the state's Education Code extended to the school fence – or a sidewalk's width beyond it.
On Friday, members of the Glenn County Board of Education drew the line at the gates of Willows High School.
They ruled that officials in the Willows Unified School District had exceeded their authority when they expelled Gary Tudesko – a 17-year-old with a history of disciplinary problems – for leaving two shotguns and ammunition in his truck parked a few feet from the school's tennis courts on a public street."The district governing board acted in excess of its jurisdiction to expel the Pupil," the board wrote in its decision.
The elected board members said they would not comment on their decision because disciplinary proceedings are normally confidential.The board's hearing Tuesday, at which members heard legal arguments, was open to the public at Tudesko's parents' request.
On the morning of Oct. 26, Tudeskoand a friend went waterfowl hunting. Tudesko brought the guns to school so he wouldn't be late. He said he knew he couldn't bring them on campus but thought it was OK to park on a public street.
Later that morning, a gunsniffing dog discovered the weapons as private security guards searched the campus perimeter. The guns were in the back seat of the truck, which was separated from campus only by an oleander hedge and the sidewalk.
In overturning the teen's expulsion, county Board of Education members cited a state statute that requires a principal to recommend expulsion if a student possesses firearms "at school."
The board found Tudesko had not possessed the shotguns "on school grounds."
They also said Tudesko did not receive a fair expulsion hearing in November because he wasn't given adequate notice that two dozen prior disciplinary incidents would be presented as evidence against him, and he didn't have a chance to respond.
According to a brief filed by the school district's lawyer, those charges included calling a teacher's assistant a "stupid Mexican," disrupting a showing of "To Kill a Mockingbird" by repeatedly saying the "N" word, which Tudesko denied, and writing on a final exam that his math teacher was a "b – – ."After board President Judy Holzapfel read the unanimous decision aloud Friday, supporters cheered and applauded.
Tudesko, his mother, Susan Parisio, and their lawyers smiled and hugged.
At a news conference afterward, Parisio said, "Gary didn't do anything wrong" when he left the guns in his truck. The prior incidents were "blown out of proportion," she said.
Tudesko said he felt his prior disciplinary troubles had been raised to justify his expulsion.
"I think that's really the only thing they had on me. They couldn't get me for the guns," he said.
"I won," he added.
The high school junior, who has been home schooled since he was expelled, said he is excited to return to school as soon as possible. He vowed to improve his failing grades in math, English and history and avoid further trouble.
"I need to grow up and take advantage of school," he said.
Willows school officials exited the county education offices demoralized.
Principal Mort Geivett said he believes he did the right thing by recommending expulsion. Having guns so close to campus in the wake of school shootings around the country raised grave safety concerns, he said.
"I'm disappointed," he said. "I don't think it's a good call for kids in this community."
Steve Olmos, superintendent of the Willows Unified School District, said he believes the board's decision was based on politics in the conservative, rural county.
He said he will meet with the board of the Willows school district to discuss legal options.Thecash-strapped district cannot easily afford to take the case to court, he said, and might seek help from teachers unions.
It is vital, he said, to determine whether school officials can enforce student conduct in the area immediately surrounding campuses.
Chuck Michel, a prominent gun-rights lawyer who handled Tudesko's case, agreed that the phrase "at school" in the Education Code needs to be better defined.
Sections of the code dealing with expulsion, firearms and other disciplinary matters are a confusing tangle of passages tacked on over the years, and the courts have offered little guidance, he said.
He urged lawmakers to draft legislation to clean up the Education Code and to make it clear where and under what circumstances it applies.
"I hope this case provides the basis to go to Sacramento and get the law clarified," Michel said, "so you don't have any more Gary Tudeskos."
__________________
"I'd start him. Pro ball ain't THAT much different than college" quote from Gatorcountry on whether Tebow should be starting QB
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
treeman101's Avatar
treeman101 treeman101 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Twin City Ga.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Glad he won. I graduated in 95 and we took our shotguns to school on the bus for ffa skeet practice. No case and shells in the booksack. Times have changed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger