GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Traditional Archery

Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM

Default TBG website?

is it ever going to be updated? it still says 2009 events.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator

It's not promising. I plan to bring that up in the TBG business meeting at the banquet.
Good thing we are able to post TBG events here.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM

It has been talked about for years with no results. There was even a fellow on here who said he would do it but I guess they told him they had a webmaster already.
We get more information from here and Tradgang than any where else.
It will take somebody with time and computer savy to get the website right again.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwright View Post
It has been talked about for years with no results. There was even a fellow on here who said he would do it but I guess they told him they had a webmaster already.
We get more information from here and Tradgang than any where else.
It will take somebody with time and computer savy to get the website right again.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid fire View Post
Seems I recall, you being that fellow.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 PM

I agree. I hope we can get it going and I would love for Mark to be that guy. I do not have the time nor the desire to figure it out. I know Mark would do a good job and it would be very beneficial for me to direct people with questions to our web site.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 PM

Location: Buck's Pocket, Cleveland,TN and where ever my Ford Ranger takes me now.

Jeff K.....make an executive decision and go for it!!!!!! You know it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!!!!!
Thomas Poole..Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGIRL View Post
You know it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!!!!!
That's for sure.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Get your TBG info here.

Even the TBG Tradgang site is pretty much dead.

Don't know why but no one seems to even go there any more

Thank God we have this site
Old 07-23-2010, 03:19 PM

I agree that this site works out just as well. We could probably get the mods to create a TBG profile that could be updated by certain people w/ pertinent information.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM

I don't necessaryl agree with that. There are a lot of non TBG people posting here on a regular basis. Out of staters, new enthusiest, etc. I would not like to have this forum take on a definite TBG identity and alienate any of them.

Since the TBG does not keep it's own webite current, and they have a viable home page on Tradgang, I see no reason to dedicate this forum to the TBG.

The open forum for traditional archery here works well for the TBG and non TBG members alike.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Not a forum. A Profile. Someone with the name TBG and their profile would contain any information pertaining to TBG. Officer's contacts and info. Event information. Links to forms. Etc... The bigest problem I can see is that someone interested in TBG would have to go through the hassle of creating a user name w/ GON before they could converse w/ the TBG person. Just throwing ideas out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPALAPIN View Post
I don't necessaryl agree with that. There are a lot of non TBG people posting here on a regular basis. Out of staters, new enthusiest, etc. I would not like to have this forum take on a definite TBG identity and alienate any of them.

Since the TBG does not keep it's own webite current, and they have a viable home page on Tradgang, I see no reason to dedicate this forum to the TBG.

The open forum for traditional archery here works well for the TBG and non TBG members alike.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:59 PM

A sub-forum for TBG could be created inside this forum and the TBG site link inside of it. The TBG web-master (rapidfire) could be listed as such both in the sub-forum and the TBG site so anyone here curious about the TBG site or with questions could go directly to him. Additionally, photo's could easily be submitted to rapidfire via email or he could copy them from those submitted here to be included on the TBG site and any threads about TBG could be created and/or moved to this sub-forum.

This is ONLY a suggestion and I certainly do not want to be perceived as trying to take anything away from another site such as tradgang, but the fact remains that it appears most folks DO come here to find out about TBG events. In any event, I feel TBG would get much more exposure and it doesn't mean the link at tradgang has to go away. We alrready have links to the TBG site at both sites?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:13 PM

Rapid Fire

Now that you have explained what you are reccommending, I agree with you.

This could not only be good for the TBG, it could be of benifit to non members wanting to get involved.

Good idea.

Al

While I agree with you about not wanting to take anything away from TradGang, it is not that Forum's fault or responibility if the TBG members are not using the site to keep TBG ifo out there. Whether it is done here on GON, or on the TradGang site, it is the TBG that needs to step it up on posting.

Maybe we should suggest, or request, that TBG create a Public Relations position whose responsibility would be to keep TBG info posted at all three locations. As it is, that is pretty much what Jeff has been doing here. Now I am not recommending having Jeff appointed to that position, but if he is willing, I can't think of anyone that would do it better.