Cam Newton

golffreak

Not trying to start a fight on here. I think he has the Hiesman locked up and is well deserving of it. However, last night on ESPN he said that no one could stop their offense. BIG MISTAKE!!! While it is true that no one has stopped them yet, Auburn still has some big games left. He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut instead of giving the remaining teams extra motivation. There is always going to be a defense out there that can shut any team down. Auburn may or may not find that team before the year is up.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Not trying to start a fight on here. I think he has the Hiesman locked up and is well deserving of it. However, last night on ESPN he said that no one could stop their offense. BIG MISTAKE!!! While it is true that no one has stopped them yet, Auburn still has some big games left. He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut instead of giving the remaining teams extra motivation. There is always going to be a defense out there that can shut any team down. Auburn may or may not find that team before the year is up.

That is not at all what he said. When asked what it would take to stop Auburns offense, first he qualified his statement by saying, "I'm not trying to sound arrogant", but "they would have to contain me, but then I have so many other options on the offense to go to that we are pretty much unstoppable".

He showed great humility and poise in that interview and and dealt with being backed in the corner as well as any player in his position could. And for what it's worth, his answer was spot on.

He is a class act, doesn't cry after every game, and is potentially going to lead Auburn to the crystal ball this year. He deserves every vote that comes to him for the Heisman.

Jetjockey

Cam Newton is the best player in the country right now, thats not even an arguement. Unfortunately for him, football is still a team sport. Mississippi, Clemson, and LSU have all shown that Auburn can be slowed down. Stopped, maybe not. But Auburn doesn' t have the defense to stop a great offensive team either. Its going to be fun to watch as the season goes down to the wire.

Les Miles

Banned
That is not at all what he said. When asked what it would take to stop Auburns offense, first he qualified his statement by saying, "I'm not trying to sound arrogant", but "they would have to contain me, but then I have so many other options on the offense to go to that we are pretty much unstoppable".

He showed great humility and poise in that interview and and dealt with being backed in the corner as well as any player in his position could. And for what it's worth, his answer was spot on.

He is a class act, doesn't cry after every game, and is potentially going to lead Auburn to the crystal ball this year. He deserves every vote that comes to him for the Heisman.

I think the Spaniard is a life-long closet Barner fan ::ke:

LanierSpots

Thats what I thought I heard. After reading what bama freak said, I went back and re watched the video. You are correct. He was asked point blank in an interview, "if you were a defensive coordinator, how would you stop Cammeron Newton". And his answer was as you said. "Not to sound arrogant but it containing him would be the best approach".

God what a bunch of haters. Its killing you isnt it golffreak? :crazy::crazy:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Somebody is a little jealous....::ke:

LanierSpots

Cam Newton is the best player in the country right now, thats not even an arguement. Unfortunately for him, football is still a team sport. Mississippi, Clemson, and LSU have all shown that Auburn can be slowed down. Stopped, maybe not. But Auburn doesn' t have the defense to stop a great offensive team either. Its going to be fun to watch as the season goes down to the wire.

Oregon beats USC 52-32 and its a great win. Auburn beats ole miss 51-31 and they "slowed us down". Get real jockey.

LanierSpots

Golffreak???? You see, I didn't even read who started this thread. I just assumed it was Proside...;):pop:

Most bad things about Cam right now are coming from one of your bama brothers. Kudos to you for keeping it real and hanging around. Where are all the bammers lately anyway. Since the USCe game, they have all seemed to disappear or they got very quiet. You have been the only one left to carry the flag/

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Most bad things about Cam right now are coming from one of your bama brothers. Kudos to you for keeping it real and hanging around. Where are all the bammers lately anyway. Since the USCe game, they have all seemed to disappear or they got very quiet. You have been the only one left to carry the flag/

They're like our team, battered, broken and worn out. I love my team, but I've gotta be honest about who has the best shot at the crystal ball this year, and I don't think it's us. Auburn get's better and better every week, and with the exception of two key players on the defense is at near full strength player wise.:cool:

Jetjockey

Oregon beats USC 52-32 and its a great win. Auburn beats ole miss 51-31 and they "slowed us down". Get real jockey.

Wrong Mississippi Lanier.. I was refering to Mississippi ST. And yes, they slowed you down. Auburn only put up 17 points against Miss St.

LanierSpots

They're like our team, battered, broken and worn out. I love my team, but I've gotta be honest about who has the best shot at the crystal ball this year, and I don't think it's us. Auburn get's better and better every week, and with the exception of two key players on the defense is at near full strength player wise.:cool:

I think we are going to score on who ever we play, My concerns are turn overs, a bad beaten up secondary and at times, some stupid play calling on offense.

I get more and more confident in our program as a whole. Our kick off coverage improves every game and we have different players stepping up every game. This week, Emory Blake, Washington and Dyer stepped up big time. Cam and the offensive line have been consistent.

For now, its just he "big head" worries. I am a little glad that the media is in love with Oregon right now. Hopefully, it will keep our guys motivated.

I was never one to downplay what Saban did at Bama. To turn that program around like he did and accomplish what he did so fast was unreal. No matter how bad it hurt. On the other hand, Chizik is doing something similar. It is in a different way but it is similar. Though we dont have the accolades that Bama has in the past three years, its a huge step in the right direction. And all being done while Bama is on top.

LanierSpots

Wrong Mississippi Lanier.. I was refering to Mississippi ST. And yes, they slowed you down. Auburn only put up 17 points against Miss St.

yea, the played us tough but they are ranked higher than any team that Oregon has played other than Stanford and we have beaten three other teams better than them.

Even you cant spin the schedule difference between Oregon and Auburn.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
That may be true but you Gumps aren't very good about hiding all your cheating and NCAA violations. It's so bad that the NCAA investigators keep a room year-round down at the Residence Inn. ::ke:

You're not only delusional, your information is out dated. They "kept" a room at the Residence Inn.

We now pay for them to stay at the Hilton...;):bounce:

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Newton was kinda put on the spot when asked that question. And I believe he answered it as honestly as possible. He's right! as of now, no one has been able to stop him (run, pass, and now catching...ha!). He is a magical player with awesome talent and for sure one of the top players in the country.