GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Sports Talk

Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownceluse View Post
You gonna wear that helmet in the duck blind?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Miles View Post
You gonna wear that helmet in the duck blind?
Yep, while im shooting pelicans!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Boudreaux gonna get you for dat
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South GA Dawg View Post
Good post. I would rather we had won it outright. I think all UGA fans do. But we got in how got in and if the OBS has a problem with it then he should have coached better I guess.

I think Missouri being in the SEC is a joke too. We need to change the name of the conference from SEC to Former Confederacy Conference for that to make sense.
Feel free to correct me, but didn't both missouri and texas fight on behalf of the confederacy? ?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308-MIKE View Post
Feel free to correct me, but didn't both missouri and texas fight on behalf of the confederacy? ?
That was kind of my point.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
That was kind of my point.
Gotcha. Good point!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

I think Georgia will win the East. The schedule is in their favor and South Carolina will self-destruct come October 13th.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I think Georgia will win the East. The schedule is in their favor and South Carolina will self-destruct come October 13th.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaHunter View Post
Well, I am not the LSU fan in a Georgia football thread screaming go dawgs. I am a sports fan in a sports forum, I would say thats fitting in.
For sore
Old 04-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
You tell me. You obsess over everything that I say. Why do you give a hoot whether or not I think Gilmore is better than "Boykins"?
Your the one that quoted my post then when I reply you say I am obsessed over what you say . And your the one always talking about me . It's funny that you always accuse people of doing the things that you are really doing.

You laughed when I said Gilmore was better then Boykins but now the NFL GMs , scouts and coaches have showed that they agree with me. Maybe we are all wrong and your right but with your track record that's highly unlikely.

Quote:
Did Gillmore have three touchdowns of 100 yards in his career. That's a trick question of course because only Boykin has done it. I do not care whether or not Gillmore gets drafted ahead of him. Why do you? I thought you were a Florida fan? That almost makes all of your act about how objective you think you are look like bullcrap.

Help from the west? I guess when you passionately hate the team in question you might see it that way. Another way of looking at it is, SC and Florida just weren't good enough to win all the games that they needed to win. Cockadoodle doo chicken boy.
What do those 100 yard games prove ? Are you saying Boykins is better then every one or does your stat mean jack . I am a Florida fan. But I am not so bias that I can't believe that other teams do have better players then UF.

How many times has UGa had the best record against the east? You call it what you want. The west has helped UGA get to almost every SEC championship. They needed the west to beat teams in the east because they couldn't. 3 teams from the east have went 5-0 against the east and UGA is not one of them .

So you feel like UF's national championships were earned and they were not lucky ?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Banned

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

It is simple, we are best team in the east. I am not mad that we are not playing the best teams from the west. All the dawgs have to do is win against inferior teams. By the time we get to Atlanta, we might just be the favorite no matter who we play. Coach Granthem and his Goon Squad are going to be dominating any offense we face next year. I done got fired up thinking about it. I know this aint the Go dawgs thread.
But
Go DAWGS
Old 04-28-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I like bacon.
so thats your problem Leslie.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Black Out fo sho...
Old 04-28-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGaHunter View Post
It is simple, we are best team in the east. I am not mad that we are not playing the best teams from the west. All the dawgs have to do is win against inferior teams. By the time we get to Atlanta, we might just be the favorite no matter who we play. Coach Granthem and his Goon Squad are going to be dominating any offense we face next year. I done got fired up thinking about it. I know this aint the Go dawgs thread.
But
Go DAWGS
LOL.......Best team in the east????? UGA couldnt beat a pitiful Michigan st team or any ranked team they played all year. They didnt have the best East record last year. We easily beat Nebraska a team that steamrolled Michigan st. last year. UGA has a schedule that a good high school could win the east with but all we have to do is take care of buisness and we will take the east. UGA will lose to someone they shouldnt then lose to us..........Move the UGA/USC game from second of the season(been that way for nearly 25 years) in hopes of being ready for USC and skipping out on Bama, LSU and Arky.......May want to call down to Athens and see if they need anything else in order to up their chances. They should be ashamed or move to the ACC with that schedule.....
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
LOL.......Best team in the east????? UGA couldnt beat a pitiful Michigan st team or any ranked team they played all year. They didnt have the best East record last year. We easily beat Nebraska a team that steamrolled Michigan st. last year. UGA has a schedule that a good high school could win the east with but all we have to do is take care of buisness and we will take the east. UGA will lose to someone they shouldnt then lose to us..........Move the UGA/USC game from second of the season(been that way for nearly 25 years) in hopes of being ready for USC and skipping out on Bama, LSU and Arky.......May want to call down to Athens and see if they need anything else in order to up their chances. They should be ashamed or move to the ACC with that schedule.....
I see you have a problem with the game being moved..... I wonder why? So I guess McGarity got the sec to take Bama off our schedule this year. I dont know why but I thought it was due to conference exspantion........ I cant wait until y'all go through a weaker west schedule. I'll be happy to remind you about it. Whats funny is when the schedule is in a teams favor you still have to win the games you HAVE to. I think we did Sorry y'all didnt! I guess your only hope is to hope UGA aint rollin good when we show up in Columbia!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 PM

I hope your best team in the East improves on their blocking because we will feature a more attacking ball hawking defense.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlin samurai View Post
I hope your best team in the East improves on their blocking because we will feature a more attacking ball hawking defense.
I think our D will hold their own as well. Should make for a good game.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I see you have a problem with the game being moved..... I wonder why? So I guess McGarity got the sec to take Bama off our schedule this year. I dont know why but I thought it was due to conference exspantion........ I cant wait until y'all go through a weaker west schedule. I'll be happy to remind you about it. Whats funny is when the schedule is in a teams favor you still have to win the games you HAVE to. I think we did Sorry y'all didnt! I guess your only hope is to hope UGA aint rollin good when we show up in Columbia!
NO i dont have a problem with moving the game, i think someone else might as it was changed after 25 years......We liked the second game of the year, like SOS said you could bank on a couple UGA key players being suspended. When a schedule is in a teams favor you still have to win??????? We lost one game we shouldnt and lost to a better team in arky as they were a top five team. UGA lost to EVERY ranked team they played and embarrased the SEC in the bowl game. UGA doesnt worry me at all, their accomplishments are from beating coastal carolina and such and losing all the real games and that defense didnt do all that against the lower teir SEC teams...That kentucky game was a nailbiter. I know every team and every fanbase says their team will be better next season so maybe the dawgs will be good but i dont think they will like what they run into in Columbia this year, this team should be very good. Two first round bookend DE's, a much improved O line and a VERY veteran secondary.......Only concern is DT if you ask me as i havent follow much, Travian was a beast. Im not worried at all.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
NO i dont have a problem with moving the game, i think someone else might as it was changed after 25 years......We liked the second game of the year, like SOS said you could bank on a couple UGA key players being suspended. When a schedule is in a teams favor you still have to win??????? We lost one game we shouldnt and lost to a better team in arky as they were a top five team. UGA lost to EVERY ranked team they played and embarrased the SEC in the bowl game. UGA doesnt worry me at all, their accomplishments are from beating coastal carolina and such and losing all the real games and that defense didnt do all that against the lower teir SEC teams...That kentucky game was a nailbiter. I know every team and every fanbase says their team will be better next season so maybe the dawgs will be good but i dont think they will like what they run into in Columbia this year, this team should be very good. Two first round bookend DE's, a much improved O line and a VERY veteran secondary.......Only concern is DT if you ask me as i havent follow much, Travian was a beast. Im not worried at all.
I'm glad your back! I have missed your post! The only thing as far as this team goes that I know will be better is our D. It was pretty good last year, and with the added depth up front it will be even better. As it stands now without a rash of injuries during the summer the D will be very good. Our O line has been a question mark every year for a long time. It's about time for CMR to get lucky and put a group together. The depth at tb is going to be huge! Not just with Marshall and Gurley coming, but with Boo Malcombe turning into a bruiser. If I were you I would be kind of worried. Yall lost some talent, but not just talent per say. KEY talent. I'm wouldnt bank on Lattimore being the same either. I think he will be a totaly different player.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 PM

Ginny, dry it up. You're still whining and crying about UGA's schedule? Good grief. Act like a man for goodness sake. Yall didn't win the east and we did and nobody cares how good you think yall were. Yall couldn't win enough games to win the east and nobody cares who what yall's record was. Grow up man.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Ginny, dry it up. You're still whining and crying about UGA's schedule? Good grief. Act like a man for goodness sake. Yall didn't win the east and we did and nobody cares how good you think yall were. Yall couldn't win enough games to win the east and nobody cares who what yall's record was. Grow up man.
At least hes good for a laugh or two!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Yall certainly did bank on it. It was the only reason you were ever able to win.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM

I like your optomism with your team but i cant see it.....You do realize you dont have ANY Olineman on the roster that isnt a freshman or sophmore? You just lost the best two olinemen on the team in Glenn and Jones.....Theres little to no experience there without them. Someone has droped the ball recruiting in the trenches at UGA. They lost Tyson, the best d lineman, if im not mistaken Boykin who also led the team in tackles. Rambo??? I cant remember but i think hes gone...Led the team in interceptions. BOTH of you tightend with any experience is gone in Aaron White and Orson Charles. Both the kicker and the punter are gone(they accounted for many points in their career at uga) I just dont see what is to be feared with a weak o line, pretty good d line but had some loss and a secondary that lost its two best players, a freshman kicking/punting game with a decent back in Crowell and a good stable of backs but what can they do running behind four freshmen and sophmores in the SEC? We will find out. On paper and not being biased i really dont think UGA is as good as USC. If you do id like to know how but i dont see it. We had some key losses but if you look at it both teams lost about the same. What might suprise you is the comparison between Shaw and Murray. Would you believe Shaw finished the season with the #2 qb rating in the sec? He had a higher completion percentage than murray. Murray threw for more yards than shaw with twice as many interceptions but Shaw was the #17 rusher in the SEC as a qb..........Whod a thunk it? I think our weakness will be wide receiver in losing Alshon but were really a run first team anyhow. What i see in UGA next year is a weak Oline that cant block for a good stable of backs who also cant block for a couple decent widereceivers with a very good defense. I think the Oline will bring this team down, they just came out of highschool having to block the best in the nation. Really......Im not at all worried.