GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Primitive Skills

Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

Default My Shaka Zulu Spear. Anybody have Cold Steel Products?

I'm ordering what I call My Shaka Zulu Spear. I told my wife and daughter that's what they're getting me for my Father's Day Present.

It's actually called an Assegai spear. The original design was invented by the famous Zulu king.

The Africans used to (and in some areas still do) kill lions with iron tipped spears. That must take a lot of nerve. They also killed each other with these things.

Anyway, this is made by Cold Steel. Anybody here have any experience with their products?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM

I have their 6 foot big bore blowgun. It will take out small game up to the size of a fox with no problem from up to 25 yards. It's awesome.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM

I have a Cold Steel SRK that I have had for years. It had a razor sharp edge out of the box, and it is easy to get back razor sharp. It is made of their Carbon V, I think they called it, and has been a good knife.

I also carry one of their Voyager folders daily. I have had this knife for 10 years or more, used and abused it, and it easily takes and keeps a razor edge. I bought it at a knife show when I saw the Cold Steel rep hammer one into a stand and then stand on it. That was to demonstrate the strength of the knife, even though it has a black plastic handle. I don't usually want a stainless knife, but this one has also been a good knife.

I don't think they are under the same management now as they were when I bought my knives, and it may be that their quality is now less. That's what often happens, but it's been a long time since I bought one of their knives so I can't say for sure.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM

I have a spear,knife and a tomahawk and all were razor sharp out of the box.If nothing has changed,you will be pleased with it.