GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Bowhunting > Bowhunting Challenge

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM

I've got a wide 9 pt that just started putting on stickers. He'll be tough to get with a bow, but he would score well.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM

Ho humm I got nothing ...not even a doe../// might be a tough year for me ..??
Old 07-31-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead-rm View Post
Ho humm I got nothing ...not even a doe../// might be a tough year for me ..??
Yea...Right.... We know better! Good luck to yall
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Default deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckinnie View Post
Yea...Right.... We know better! Good luck to yall
Yeah I was just .. a little at my teammates...I got a couple cameras out...and just ordered a new one ...so I will ne watching a few spots ,,,,I don't normally care for them till it gets close to rutt...picked up a great late season spot in heard. Cnty ..810 acres trophy managed for yrs and only 5 members.....rutt there after thanksgiving.. seen some tc Picts from last year ..
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Default Morelikeit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead-rm View Post
Yeah I was just .. a little at my teammates...I got a couple cameras out...and just ordered a new one ...so I will ne watching a few spots ,,,,I don't normally care for them till it gets close to rutt...picked up a great late season spot in heard. Cnty ..810 acres trophy managed for yrs and only 5 members.....rutt there after thanksgiving.. seen some tc Picts from last year ..
We knew better >>--->
I just wanted to choot him 1 time
Hes a happy fellow!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 AM

Has anyone heard of the team Geritol with babies day out team?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Default team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWWTV View Post
Has anyone heard of the team Geritol with babies day out team?
....there in mourning today ,, ,lost one of there aces ...I heard it was an ol lady in a 69 oldsmobile.....what do you expect when your hunting property that belongs to willow springs nursing home....
Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 PM

OK boys, I cut my DeKalb food plots Wednesday and Plowed em today. Including the one in my avatar. I wont plant until it gets close to September. Then I'll ruff em up with my flip disk plow, seed em and drag em. ( Wheat, oats, crimson and arrow leaf clover) Theres a fair amount of white oaks there. It seems like the best trees are in my shooting lanes scattered throughout the property. Theres fixing to be some KILLN going on ! >>-->
I'm headed to my archery club Saturday in Griffin to cut the food plots and get em ready to plow. I have a deal with a farmer next door that raises pigs. I'm buying enough purple top turnips to plant a 4 acer power line. He just limed it. He'll use it to feed his pigs and we'll keep the deer off in the daylight. We'll have 3 other plots of wheat, oats, crimson and arrow leaf clover. We have some decent trail cam pics there.
Ought to be some KILLN going on there too. >>-->
I'm ready to end the smack talk and make it 5 in a row ! Photobucket
Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 PM

OK boys, I cut my DeKalb food plots Wednesday and Plowed em today. I wont plant until it gets close to September. Then I'll ruff em up with my flip disk plow, seed em and drag em. ( Wheat, oats, crimson and arrow leaf clover) Theres a fair amount of white oaks there. It seems like the best trees are in my shooting lanes scattered throughout the property. Theres fixing to be some KILLN going on ! >>-->
I'm headed to my archery club Saturday in Griffin to cut the food plots and get em ready to plow. I have a deal with a farmer next door that raises pigs. I'm buying enough purple top turnips to plant a 4 acer power line. He just limed it. He'll use it to feed his pigs and we'll keep the deer off.
We'll have 3 other plots of wheat, oats, crimson and arrow leaf clover.
We have some decent trail cam pics so there ought to be some KILLN going on there too. >>-->
I'm ready to end the smack talk and make it 5 in a row ! Photobucket

Last edited by bowanna; 08-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM

It's getting closer.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Do they come when you whistle?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 PM

I don't have feeders set up so I set my trail cam on trails to see whats going through my shooting lanes.
I checked my cam after we mowed our 3 food plots and gave the farmer enough purple top turnips to plant a 4 acre power line.
3 of em walked right under my tree to get where they are now. Which is a 25 yd shot.
Nothing big but a few maybes ? Oh, white oaks are looking pretty good too.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100hunter View Post
No, they're not like the deer you hunt.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100hunter View Post
I'm sure where he hunts if he even blew a horn noone else would hear it He has some prime land that is hunted by a few! Thats the american way and nothing wrong with that! We have our work cut out for us!
Wish yall the best of luck.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckinnie View Post
I'm sure where he hunts if he even blew a horn noone else would hear it He has some prime land that is hunted by a few! Thats the american way and nothing wrong with that! We have our work cut out for us!
Wish yall the best of luck.

You must be thinking of someone else. I hunt river swamp with 15 other members. My "prime land" is a grown up clear cut. It's hard for a bow hunter to do much with that. On the one "great" property I can hunt, I'm limited and can only hunt certain spots on certain days. But that's OK, I've done my homework already. Shooting lanes have been cut and stands have been in place. The buck I'm after will score right at 180, but for you guys, I'll settle for less.

Crabapples are falling like crazy and the sawtooths are coming down too. The deer haven't even found them and are still bachelored up and on someone else's property.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 AM

I have another place I'm working on. Waiting on a confirmation call.
Chances look good for a funnel between the Dekalb land fill and a undeveloped back section of a new subdivision.
I have another place that I lost but got back from new owners. There was a niceun crossing the road there last year but I couldn't go in after him.
My old tree and shooting lanes are ready to go. Its a lonely white oak 300 yds from my front door. Its looking good boyz !
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowanna View Post
I have another place I'm working on. Waiting on a confirmation call.
Chances look good for a funnel between the Dekalb land fill and a undeveloped back section of a new subdivision.
I have another place that I lost but got back from new owners. There was a niceun crossing the road there last year but I couldn't go in after him.
My old tree and shooting lanes are ready to go. Its a lonely white oak 300 yds from my front door. Its looking good boyz !
Sounds like Y'all are going to sure enough have a great season.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Another possible entry thats at our archery club ? My nephew is after him though.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 PM

Default 2012

looking good guys !! im headed to my new property this weekend ,,835 acres 5 members and im the only bowhunter--looks like another big acorn crop around here there all over the salt too!!! yall keep talking it --there's a pile of them after us this year -- --keep beating the bush and getting ready-- it will be here before ya know it
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Theres always a pile of em after us. I think we know what to do about that. Photobucket The blood red MO JO is simmering.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 AM

I'm a custom grip away from going old school. I've got my range set up to shoot "like I used to."
Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowanna View Post
Another possible entry thats at our archery club ? My nephew is after him though.
your right about that!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Only View Post
I'm a custom grip away from going old school. I've got my range set up to shoot "like I used to."
As long as old school means shooting an obsession and pile"n. The deer up were ok !!! I been shooting out of my lock"on everyday ....I'm ready as far as the shooting goes ,,,just not a fan of the hott weather hunting ,,may start off a lil slower this year..
Old 08-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfromabove83 View Post
your right about that!
You better keep him close. I use Bowhunters Fatal Obsession scent. That nose can get him in serious trouble.

You ought to get up a team of crossbow killa's. I know your dad will kill his 5. Just ain't sure about YOU.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 AM

I ain't stressing u,you'll be hung up in dekalb.Tell u what,if yall win this year i'll put together a team next year that will get 15!