22 TCM Glock conversion barrel (9mm Glock owners this is a must read!)

Swampfoxoutdoors

I have just found out that armscor has developed a cartridge that I have had in my mind for some time now the 22 TCM which is a 9mm necked down to a 223. I have always thought that the Glock 9mm family of handguns needed a caliber that that could be swapped into their frame sizes whether it be a 9mm necked down to .223 like in this case the (22TCM) or a .204 or .17 like I was thinking. I think I would be a great small game round and possibly larger game such as white tail deer. From the little I have read the 22 TCM sends a 40gr 223 caliber bullet down range at 2100 FPS. Now that is screaming! The glocks are great because of the interchangeability of cartridges with in a set frame size such as the .357sig can handle 40 SW and vice versa and both the 40 and 357SIG can be swapped into the 9mm cambering , the 45acp Glock 21 can be changed to 400 Corbon or 40 super and the great 10mm has the 9x25mm Dillion and 40 SW as a option. I really hope that Lone Wolf develops a drop in barrel for all of the Glock 9mm frame sizes to convert them to the 22 TCM, and I also hope that LEE and RCBS and other die manufactures start producing dies for the 22 TCM.

Please any one that has interest in this cartridge and a Glock conversion barrel option please email Lone wolf distributors and ask them to make this a reality!

And the same goes for LEE Precision and RCBS!

Last edited:

Tomahawk1088

You can get the .22TCM in a Rock Island 1911 that comes with a fitted 9mm barrel. It uses 20 round mags for the .22TCM (I think).

Swampfoxoutdoors

Yea but I already own 2 Glock 9mms. I just emailed lone wolf about the possibility of a Glock conversion barrel. If you are as interested as I am please do the same. my hope is if enough people bug them about it maybe it will come a reality!

This is pushing a .223 bullet at 2100 fps! I mean really who wouldn't want that capability in a Glock 9mm frame?

Tomahawk1088

It would be cool, but I think the .22TCM is a proprietary cartridge. Would Lone Wolf legally be able to do this w/o armscor permission? Also, I don't think a 9mm Glock can be converted to .40S&W and .357 Sig.

I have been thinking about a Glock in 7.62x25mm. It might be possible.

Swampfoxoutdoors

No it can not and that was a typo on my part but it is corrected now.

I have read on another fourm that It is in the process of possibly being made but I also discovered the 22 TCM has a greater overall length that the 9x19 so it will never fit in any of the 9mm frame sized glocks. : ( But the way I understood it is that Lone Wolf could be possibly developing a barrel to fit in the 45 and 10mm frames. This would be great but once again we are back at square 1. We still have Glock 9mms but no availability of drop in ( HOT ROD ) type calibers.

And yes the 7.62x25mm would be awesome but once again I think it has a length issue when it comes to Glock magazines.

I guess I will have to develop my own 9mm parent case wildcat for my glock since no one is going to do it for me! lol

So how does a 9x21mm case necked down to a .204 or .17 sound to you guys?

Tomahawk1088

I was told for the 7.62x25mm to fit in the Glock 20, the cartridges have to be tilted so far back the mag will only hold about 9 or 10. I'm wondering about the possibilities of removing material inside the grip in order for the pistol to take custom mags.

Is the .22TCM based on the .223 Rem. case or the 9mm Luger case?

Your 9x21mm idea sounds pretty good. I guess you are only looking at something for 9mm Glocks?

Swampfoxoutdoors

yea just because I have 2 of the Glock 9mms. Here in the near future I hope to have a Glock 10mm, but a Ruger Black hawk in 45 colt is next on the list. ( the 45 colt can be loaded to near 454 casull strength in the black hawk and loaded light for just plinking.) I guess its the poor mans 454. lol

And yes I think your right from what I have read about the 22 TCM since I started this thread it is based on some sort of rifle brass. Like you said 223 cut down or I read some where possibly 221 fire ball but I have only seen that one and think that statement is false.

I really like the 9x25mm Dillion for the Glock 10 mm as a conversion but I intend to hand load for this cartridge but dies are very pricey, I hope Lee comes out with a set at a reasonable price carbide or just steel would suit me just fine.

It blows my mind that the 7.62x25mm isn't any more popular than what it is, looking at it from a ballistic stand point its pretty darn cool!

Tomahawk1088

I guess the reason the 7.62x25 isn't too popular is because of the pistols chambered for it. All there really is is TT-33 variants, the M-57 and the CZ 52. I used to regularly see CZ 52s for $150 only 3 years ago. Now I don't see them anywhere.

By the way, the 7.62x25 case head will fit a 9mm breech face if you thought about trying something with the brass.

Swampfoxoutdoors

yea been reading about the .17-357sig but what little I have read it does not cycle in a semi auto pistol very well ( I just read that on one forum, may not be correct) , but a very cool concept.

BriarPatch99

I accidentally bumped into it while looking for some 357 SIG data...

I think the .22-357 SIG may be a better option ... too bad there are not many good .25 caliber bullets or the .25- 357 SIG may work .... that 55 gr .243 bullet may would work out of a .24- 357 SIG.... I'm sure somebody somewhere has tried it ....

Doc_Holliday23

I realize you have Glocks, but just saying that Glock is not the only pistol manufacturer that makes interchangeable barrels for its frames. Sig, Walther, HK, et al. all do it.

Swampfoxoutdoors

Doc you are totally correct but it just seams to me that the glock line of interchangeable barrels seem to be the most widely available and some what reasonably priced. But If i had a few sigs im sure id be looking at barrels for them!

Tomahawk1088

Might have found a few things:

5.45x18 Soviet. 9mm Makarov case necked to 5.45, probably using same bullets as AK-74. Couldn't find ballistics info. Probably not impressive. I don't know if 9x18 cases will work on 9x19 breech faces. The bore sizes are different.

7.92x24mm. It's a special case loaded with different bullets to fit 9mm frames and .45 frames. 60-70 grains at 1,650 fps, not that impressive.

.224 BOZ. Originally made on 10mm case, but later developed on 9x19 case. Case is necked to use .224" bullets so I guess bullets from .223 Rem will work. Using a 9x19 case, it fires 50 grain bullets at a claimed 2,200 fps! I haven't done much research on it, but it sounds like pressure will be very high.

Unfortunately, small caliber-high velocity pistol cartridges don't seem to be too popular so there isn't a lot of info on them.

Swampfoxoutdoors

yea I guess their is just a very small few of us crazy hi-velocity pistol cartridge guys. I read about the .224 boz I did not realize that their was a 9x19 parent case attempt. From what little I read about the .224 BOZ (10mm parent case) it was developed with the soul purpose of defeating soft body armor. I didn't know rabbits and squirrels had access to Kevlar.

I think we should just develop the 9x19-.17 and call it the

.17 GON special.

Do we have a qualified machinist on the forum up too the task?

Tomahawk1088

There is a little talk about the use of the 9x19 case on some other forums, but no one seems to have much info on it.

Yes, the .224 Boz was developed to defeat armor, but so was the 5.7x28mm and the HK 4.6x30mm. (Midway sells the HK 4.6x30, so there may be a civy version of the MP7 soon!)

What little I've read about the .224 Boz on the 9x19 case, it seems like it might be approaching the .221 Fireball so it could be a good small game cartridge.

The .38 Super will fit 9mm breech faces but the semi-rim causes problems in double stacks, so what about the .38 Super Comp? You could try cutting it to required length and necking it to the desired caliber.

Clymer Tools will make a wildcat chamber reamer starting at $170, but how to get a .17-.224" barrel from Lone Wolf?