GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Political Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Patriot44's Avatar
Patriot44 Patriot44 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North, South Carolina
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
Oh no. He'll be going after the department.
I hope he cleans their clock. My dad lost his best friend Max, a yellow lab that I gave him about 3 years ago. Would have thought he lost his own brother. I cant imagine the thought of this scenario with Dad and Max.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
klwehunt klwehunt is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: morganton ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
To bad about the dog. Don't forget that those cops came because of your buddy's alarm. They did not know anything about his house or dogs, they did know that they could be fired on but came in anyway to help him.
Never have seen a dog with a gun! The cop and the department needs to start using some common sense,you just don't shoot someones dog on his porch.Sorry for his loss.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
rayjay's Avatar
rayjay rayjay is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buford
iTrader: (15) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Hmm, the house dog is barking at the cops instead of at possible burglars. Must be no burglars.... Why can I think of that but the cops cannot ???
__________________
Until I discovered the Politcal Forum I never realized how much the specific gravity of the human brain can vary from individual to individual. 0.15 to 22.0 seems to be the range.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 AM
brailediver brailediver is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Just goes to show that intelligence has no place in todays police force. Common sense is not a per-requisite for securing a job as a LEO. I know that they are not all bad, but it does seem that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brailediver View Post
Just goes to show that intelligence has no place in todays police force. Common sense is not a per-requisite for securing a job as a LEO. I know that they are not all bad, but it does seem that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Ya know what, they may not be all bad, but they are certainly not going to get too outraged at their own when they do stupid idiotic things.

They circle the wagons for their own. It's a shame that they do that. It makes them all look bad.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM
DEERFU's Avatar
DEERFU DEERFU is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: top side of the big circle[Smyrna]and central Ga. during hunting seasons
iTrader: (21) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I "WAS" Lukes Daddy. drhunter is one of my 3 best friends and has loved Luke like a son also. This whole senseless act didn't have to happen. The only mistake in the story was about protocol. The shooter said it was protocol to shoot an attacking dog and the detective said there was no protocol about dealing with dogs. I posted this in another section. Here are links to it and the face book post.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=711454
https://www.facebook.com/robby.king1...l&notif_t=wall
I just talked with someone from channel 2 and they're going to run the story.
The 2 cops that shot my dog never asked my name or for id. They also never checked to see if I had anyone tied up inside.
__________________
" DEER FOOL!"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM
gacowboy's Avatar
gacowboy gacowboy is online now
GONetwork Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NE Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
Hmm, the house dog is barking at the cops instead of at possible burglars. Must be no burglars.... Why can I think of that but the cops cannot ???
Good point.
I feel for you. I can't imagine if that happened in my house and my lab. Hang in there,
__________________
Psalm 91
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERFU View Post
I "WAS" Lukes Daddy. drhunter is one of my 3 best friends and has loved Luke like a son also. This whole senseless act didn't have to happen. The only mistake in the story was about protocol. The shooter said it was protocol to shoot an attacking dog and the detective said there was no protocol about dealing with dogs. I posted this in another section. Here are links to it and the face book post.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=711454
https://www.facebook.com/robby.king1...l&notif_t=wall
I just talked with someone from channel 2 and they're going to run the story.
The 2 cops that shot my dog never asked my name or for id. They also never checked to see if I had anyone tied up inside.
Sorry about the info mistake about the protocol Rob.

I just wonder what the definition of an "attacking dog" is now. I suppose that varies.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 AM
JB0704's Avatar
JB0704 JB0704 is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ga.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
I just wonder what the definition of an "attacking dog" is now. I suppose that varies.
I talked to one of my LEO buddies about this, he told me he would shoot a dog (and has on a few occasions) if it was trying to bite him....not simply barking. I kind-of understand that. Even though that doesn't seem to be the case here.
__________________
"Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge" - Patches O'Houlihan
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0704 View Post
I talked to one of my LEO buddies about this, he told me he would shoot a dog (and has on a few occasions) if it was trying to bite him....not simply barking. I kind-of understand that. Even though that doesn't seem to be the case here.
I don't understand it at all.

Why wouldn't he use pepper spray? A dog is doing what it's supposed to do. It doesn't know it's a cop intruding. It just knows that someone is coming into their home or onto their property that they are not familiar with. Shooting it is overkill.

I'm sorry he has that mentality. If a cop brings a K9 into my home or onto my property and I shoot it, I will get jail time for sure. How is that right?
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
JB0704's Avatar
JB0704 JB0704 is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ga.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
I don't understand it at all.

Why wouldn't he use pepper spray? A dog is doing what it's supposed to do. It doesn't know it's a cop intruding. It just knows that someone is coming into their home or onto their property that they are not familiar with. Shooting it is overkill.

I'm sorry he has that mentality. If a cop brings a K9 into my home or onto my property and I shoot it, I will get jail time for sure. How is that right?
YEa, you make a good point. Pepper spray would be more appropriate. Hadn't thought about that. The dog is just doing what it was born to do.

Do they all carry pepper spray?
__________________
"Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge" - Patches O'Houlihan
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
mtr3333's Avatar
mtr3333 mtr3333 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Where ever I am there I go
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
Glad you said that because I just learned that this cops supervisor told my friend at the scene that this is PROTOCOL. PROTOCOL??? REALLY????

This is the way these cops are trained??????????

You have got to be kidding me! Shoot first ask questions later folks. Right now I'm so mad I can't hardly type this.
There should be extreme circumstances for any cop to damage property as well. You know,"Protect and Serve"is the motto.
__________________
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Flatlander2's Avatar
Flatlander2 Flatlander2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lowndes County, Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0704 View Post
I talked to one of my LEO buddies about this, he told me he would shoot a dog (and has on a few occasions) if it was trying to bite him....not simply barking. I kind-of understand that. Even though that doesn't seem to be the case here.
First had knowledge that it is a called Federal Animal Abuse to shoot a dog that has not been documented as a vicious animal. (Had to have already bitten someone before and documented) Penalty is $1000 fine, 4 years probation plus 40 hour community service. This is for me and you not cops!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Keebs's Avatar
Keebs Keebs is online now
Ma Hen
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fitzbeccaville
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERFU View Post
I "WAS" Lukes Daddy. drhunter is one of my 3 best friends and has loved Luke like a son also. This whole senseless act didn't have to happen. The only mistake in the story was about protocol. The shooter said it was protocol to shoot an attacking dog and the detective said there was no protocol about dealing with dogs. I posted this in another section. Here are links to it and the face book post.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=711454
https://www.facebook.com/robby.king1...l&notif_t=wall
I just talked with someone from channel 2 and they're going to run the story.
The 2 cops that shot my dog never asked my name or for id. They also never checked to see if I had anyone tied up inside.
GREAT, it won't bring your baby back, but maybe, just maybe, save someone else your heartache. Please keep us posted as we keep you & your family in our 's.
__________________
I may not know Karate, but I do know *Crazy* and I ain't afraid to use it!

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Huntress Huntress is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I would point my finger in the direction of the alarm company for not knowing you were the owner of the home cause you told them you were. They dispatched the cops. When dispatched they have no clue what they are approaching on any kind of call. They have no clue if someone is in the home or building when they get there. They did what they were supposed to do, they found an open door, no knowledge of any dogs,(which don't matter), the dog came at them, they are investigating an alarm, they have no idea if someone is tied up or dead or not even there. They should of asked you for ID once they found you there but you are lucky you weren't cuffed and then questioned because you were where an alarm was going off at.

You cop bashers really need to stop and think about it from their point of view. I am sorry for the dog and I can understand the hurting from the loss, but please try to look at it from all angles before threatening anything.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Well all 3 local TV stations, 11alive, Channel 2, and Fox 5 are all running the story.

I hope he sues the crap out of the PD.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 PM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
I would point my finger in the direction of the alarm company for not knowing you were the owner of the home cause you told them you were. They dispatched the cops. When dispatched they have no clue what they are approaching on any kind of call. They have no clue if someone is in the home or building when they get there. They did what they were supposed to do, they found an open door, no knowledge of any dogs,(which don't matter), the dog came at them, they are investigating an alarm, they have no idea if someone is tied up or dead or not even there. They should of asked you for ID once they found you there but you are lucky you weren't cuffed and then questioned because you were where an alarm was going off at.

You cop bashers really need to stop and think about it from their point of view. I am sorry for the dog and I can understand the hurting from the loss, but please try to look at it from all angles before threatening anything.
It aint got nothing to do with the Alarm Company. Nice try though. They were following proceedures so you don't know what you are talking about.

I'll bash a cop any darn time I want to thank you. Especially when they are this freeking stupid.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
ryano's Avatar
ryano ryano is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Ga Mountains
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
You cop bashers really need to stop and think about it from their point of view. .
The simple matter of fact is an idiot, trigger happy cop pulled his service weapon and drew down on a harmless dog in cold blood just because the dog was doing what its SUPPOSE to do! This is becoming ALL TOO common these days!

There was simply NO excuse for this and he should be held accountable for his actions!

Im not a cop basher. I respect "most" LEO's and realize they have a tough job for little pay. With that said, I have no respect for idiots that pull their weapon, fire and ask questions later no matter if they are wearing a badge or not.

Again, there is NO valid excuse for this type of behavior!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Huntress Huntress is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
It aint got nothing to do with the Alarm Company. Nice try though. They were following proceedures so you don't know what you are talking about.

I'll bash a cop any darn time I want to thank you. Especially when they are this freeking stupid.

But it does, when he tripped the alarm and couldn't provide the pass code to it they triggered the cops. And I most certainly do know what I am talking about. I have a system too.

Put yourself in their shoes first!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Huntress Huntress is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
The simple matter of fact is an idiot, trigger happy cop pulled his service weapon and drew down on a harmless dog in cold blood just because the dog was doing what its SUPPOSE to do! This is becoming ALL TOO common these days!

There was simply NO excuse for this and he should be held accountable for his actions!

Im not a cop basher. I respect "most" LEO's and realize they have a tough job for little pay. With that said, I have no respect for idiots that pull their weapon, fire and ask questions later no matter if they are wearing a badge or not.

Again, there is NO valid excuse for this type of behavior!

I will agree it does happen too often nowadays, many have forgotten that less lethal is supposed to be the first step.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
But it does, when he tripped the alarm and couldn't provide the pass code to it they triggered the cops. And I most certainly do know what I am talking about. I have a system too.

Put yourself in their shoes first!
So you're going to blame the owner? And no you don't know what your talking about because that part of the story hasn't been revealed yet.

Here it is know it all. He was trying to get the password and because he was in a rush to get to the Hospital to see his new Grandson, he couldn't find the file where it was.

That does not give the right to the Police to come in to his house un announced and shoot his dog.

So as you can clearly see. You don't know a darn thing about what you speak of.

I knew the defend the cops crowd was going to show up but the problem is for yall is that you don't have a leg to stand on.

1) they are supposed to announce when they enter a premises. There is no debating that
2) Why didn't they have someone at the front door too announcing? If there was a criminal there and he heard shots at the back door, guess which door he's going to.
3) Why didn't they run the tag of the vehicle that was parked there to see if it was the owner of the home?
4) Why did they stealth through the yard and park the police car out of sight. 99.9% of all alarms that go off at residences are done by residents. Couple this with number 1 and makes you wonder just how much of the super cop Koolaid they were drinking. They didn't even consider that it could be the owner of the residence. They were out for some hero status
5) How many burglers take a dog to the heist? Answer that one know it all. Why would a burgler not be screaming because the dog had just torn him a knew one?
6) Why didn't they ask for the mans ID. Not one time did they ask for it. They didn't ask if had someone tied up. They didn't even ask his name. I'm sure you got a quick answer for that one too know it all.
7) why didn the cop just exit the house and cover all the exits until help could arive? Hmmm know it all? Why didn't they use some other means know it all? They could have done a thousand different things know it all. They heard the dog barking while they were still on the outside and they had to know it was there.

So you see I looked at this from all angles and of course I tried to take the cops point of view into account and all I am left with is that this is an idiot super cop wannabe.


Know it all.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Huntress Huntress is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
so you're going to blame the owner? And no you don't know what your talking about because that part of the story hasn't been revealed yet.

Here it is know it all. He was trying to get the password and because he was in a rush to get to the hospital to see his new grandson, he couldn't find the file where it was.

i read his post in the other section

that does not give the right to the police to come in to his house un announced and shoot his dog.

they don't announce themselves at an alarm call, not protocol

so as you can clearly see. You don't know a darn thing about what you speak of.

no you don't

i knew the defend the cops crowd was going to show up but the problem is for yall is that you don't have a leg to stand on.

1) they are supposed to announce when they enter a premises. There is no debating that

not on an alarm they do not

2) why didn't they have someone at the front door too announcing? If there was a criminal there and he heard shots at the back door, guess which door he's going to.

That i can not answer, as there should of been both covered.
3) why didn't they run the tag of the vehicle that was parked there to see if it was the owner of the home?

Alarm call comes first not the vehicle

4) why did they stealth through the yard and park the police car out of sight. 99.9% of all alarms that go off at residences are done by residents. Couple this with number 1 and makes you wonder just how much of the super cop koolaid they were drinking. They didn't even consider that it could be the owner of the residence. They were out for some hero status

no they want to go home at the end of their shifts.


5) how many burglers take a dog to the heist? Answer that one know it all. Why would a burgler not be screaming because the dog had just torn him a knew one?

You don't know how many times alarms have been triggered and the family pet has been locked up with a deceased body for who know how long or any other scenario.

6) why didn't they ask for the mans id. Not one time did they ask for it. They didn't ask if had someone tied up. They didn't even ask his name. I'm sure you got a quick answer for that one too know it all.

Nope i already said they should of asked

7) why didn the cop just exit the house and cover all the exits until help could arive? Hmmm know it all? Why didn't they use some other means know it all? They could have done a thousand different things know it all. They heard the dog barking while they were still on the outside and they had to know it was there.

Well, you seem to already at this point have it all figured out.....know it all

so you see i looked at this from all angles and of course i tried to take the cops point of view into account and all i am left with is that this is an idiot super cop wannabe.


Know it all.
yes. read previous two post.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
The simple matter of fact is an idiot, trigger happy cop pulled his service weapon and drew down on a harmless dog in cold blood just because the dog was doing what its SUPPOSE to do! This is becoming ALL TOO common these days!

There was simply NO excuse for this and he should be held accountable for his actions!

Im not a cop basher. I respect "most" LEO's and realize they have a tough job for little pay. With that said, I have no respect for idiots that pull their weapon, fire and ask questions later no matter if they are wearing a badge or not.

Again, there is NO valid excuse for this type of behavior!
This ^
__________________
"The World is fine. The circus just won't leave town." - PopPop
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
SOUTHERNMASON's Avatar
SOUTHERNMASON SOUTHERNMASON is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: greenbay wisconsin
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

There is a media site called ADAM VS THE MAN he was doing a special on how cops in record numbers are shooting homeowners dogs, i would send him this story let him spread it like wild fire ,and sue the PD and the officer
__________________
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
grim's Avatar
grim grim is offline
Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tallahassee
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I wonder if more burden was placed on officers or if penalties for wrongfully shooting pets was harsher, if this would go away. The last conversation I witnessed between LEOs talking about a dog shooting was full of laughter and jokes with little to no concern about dog's owner.

Meter readers, fedex, UPS, mailmen, vacuum cleaner salesmen, etc knock on many, many more doors a month without having to kill pets. IMO, its too easy for an LEO to kill a pet with little or no justification.
__________________
89.4% of all stats are made up on the fly.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger