.22 mag semi-auto rifles?

a colleague asked me if i knew of a manufacturer that made an auto loading rifle chambered in .22 magnum. i haven't done any research, so i decided to ask you folks (the sporting experts) if you know of or have any experience with one of these...if they even exist.

wareagle700

Ruger made the 10/22 in a mag. Looks like they stopped though.
Marlin also made one at one point.
I hadn't noticed until I looked but the semi-auto .22 mag's look to be scarce.

ASH556

Cz 512

bullgator

Magnum Research makes one that uses the Ruger trigger group which can be replaced by a Volquartsen.

devin25gun

I built my own receiver from select fire. 22 mag and uses ruger trigger group. New design milled from aluminum and uses springs instead of a tungsten bolt which would crack the stock ruger magnum receiver. Tough as nails and lets the lead fly. U have to mill out the rest of the receiver as it is a 80 percent receiver and don't have any serial numbers on it. Totally legal. If u plan to sell u have to put your own serial numbers on it. Expensive though. Look at around 600 bucks on the budget build but worth every penny when unloading on hogs during squirrel season. Oh yeah shoots 1 inch groups at 100 yards with their heavy barrel. But will also accept the 17hmr barrel or any stock ruger 22 mag barrels and stocks.

Desert Rat

Like Snipertime said... just the 17 HMR. Remington still makes the 597 in 22 WMR. We have several and they are fun to shoot. Just wish we could get a magazine with more capacity. 20 rounds would be just about right. :D

I was wondering what my next rifle should be. Now I know.

killerv

If a 22mag auto could be done to be reliable, Ruger would still be doing them. I have just never heard of any, made by anybody, that work well. Especially the 597s.

birddog52

Banned
From what I heard the reason ruger stopped making the 10/22 ruger in Magnum was due to a lawsuit one blew up but think it was operator error stuck a 22 long rifle in mag it jammed in barrel then shot 22 mag blew up maybe some else has more info Harrington Richardson made one and also a browning at one time

Desert Rat

I think it probably has something to with an average price of 18 cents per round for a "plinker". Not many people know how far a .22 mag will reach accurately.
18 cents will get you a revolver full of .22LR.

Knotwild

If a 22mag auto could be done to be reliable, Ruger would still be doing them. I have just never heard of any, made by anybody, that work well. Especially the 597s.

I own a BRNO ZKM 611 that is very reliable and have some friends that have the H&K Model 300 that they love so much they won't sell them. Both are expensive and hard to come by. I am glad I bought mine 15 years ago.

bearhunter39

From what I heard the reason ruger stopped making the 10/22 ruger in Magnum was due to a lawsuit one blew up but think it was operator error stuck a 22 long rifle in mag it jammed in barrel then shot 22 mag blew up maybe some else has more info Harrington Richardson made one and also a browning at one time
I know a at least 3 people personally that bought a 10/22 mag when they first came out,they we're nothing but junk and one of them blew up and it was not because of him putting a 22LR in it.

snakedogs72

I have both the Ruger 10-22 mag and H and R 22 mag auto,, love them both.. I put a heavy 17 hmr barrel on the ruger.. each have thier strong points... but i would pick the H and R if i could only have 1.

Bill Mc

Maybe Kel-Tec will take their PMR30 pistol and make a rifle.

But getting that PMR30 is like finding a en's tooth.

Mattval

I have a Rem 597 and bave never had a problem with it. It is accurate.
And lightweight. She wears a Bushnell 4X scope. Bad medicine for coyotes!