License Costs

FL Goblin

Banned
Why do you GA folks get to come fish in FL (Fresh and Saltwater mind you), for under $100.00, and it costs me $295.00 for my GA hunting license? I would think that the annual boost to most of the small rural cities would warrant some kind of decrease in price. All of us clowns that come up from the Sunshine State, spend a pretty good amount of money up in Peach-Ville.

Tenpin

Our non-resident fishing license is only $45 and salt-water shore is $5

...you were saying?

T-N-T

Because it costs less to fish out of state than hunt out of state in nearly every state.
Plus I always figured if you didnt want to pay up, dont. Risk it, or dont hunt either way.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
For equal privileges in both states, FL charges more. The following include all big game and all fresh and salt water fishing opportunites:

Georgia Non-Resident, Total $315

Combo Hunt/Fish $100
Big Game (Deer, Turkey, Bear) $195
Trout $20

Florida Non-resident, Total $390.50

Nonresident Annual Hunting $151.50
Deer Permit (Annual) $5.00
Archery Permit $5.00
Muzzleloading Gun Permit $5.00
Turkey Permit $125.00
Crossbow Permit $5.00
Nonresident Annual Saltwater Fishing $47.00
Nonresident Annual Freshwater Fishing $47.00

smokeeater465

:pop:

:whip:

:deadhorse:

Here we go again with some good troll bait...

Oh boo' hoo' it costs money to hunt anywhere you go. Pay it or don't us in "peach'ville" could care less.

Jim Baker

Staff member
For equal privileges in both states, FL charges more. The following include all big game and all fresh and salt water fishing opportunites:

Georgia Non-Resident, Total $315

Combo Hunt/Fish $100
Big Game (Deer, Turkey, Bear) $195
Trout $20

Florida Non-resident, Total $390.50

Nonresident Annual Hunting $151.50
Deer Permit (Annual) $5.00
Archery Permit $5.00
Muzzleloading Gun Permit $5.00
Turkey Permit $125.00
Crossbow Permit $5.00
Nonresident Annual Saltwater Fishing $47.00
Nonresident Annual Freshwater Fishing $47.00

You forgot the snook, lobster and tarpon tags, another $66.50.

And don't forget Georgia's generous bags limits on Deer, Redfish, and Spotted Seatrout.

alan

Good lord! Illinois has been ripping me off every year for $415.00 for a bow tag for 2 deer!! I'm not going there anymore! Thanks for the enlightenment!

Buckbuster69

pretty simple, we have been trying to keep you Florida boys in Florida for years so we had to go a different way. You pay for what you get and we have some trophy deer here in GA. so if you want to come up here and kill one pay the dollars. No offence, just saying. It cost us a lot of money to hunt Illinois, Kansas, Iowa. More than Ga. license!!!

joedublin

I don't care if you are from Georgia, Florida or anywhere else in the USA...if you are a military veteran you should not be charged to hunt or fish in any state ! Those years spent in service count for more than that !

smokeeater465

I don't care if you are from Georgia, Florida or anywhere else in the USA...if you are a military veteran you should not be charged to hunt or fish in any state ! Those years spent in service count for more than that !

Agree!!!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Well I am not sure BUT this most have been some kind of record.

Original poster only lasted for 2 days and 5 posts before being BANNED !!!! I'm thinking that the OP in this case might have possibly had a extra additive on their cereal or something.

I know I read this thread earlier today and after checking Georgia vs Florida non-resident costs, I realized that this poster was actually getting a bargain but apparently couldn't realize that fact. :huh:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Joe, I have always enjoyed your posts as I know you seem like a "very down to earth" member here. I agree with your above comments as well. I think that this type of benefit would be a really small "offering" in the overall picture to all of our military personnel that have given so much for the rest of us. As for me, I never served a day in the military BUT I am very thankful and I have the utmost respect for all of you that have served and continue to serve in making this a better place for all of us. :cheers:

MFOSTER

BANNED
Your comparing apples to oranges as Charlie stated compare apples to apples