homemade portable dove blinds, any ideas?

I am wanting to build a portable blind to use for dove hunting, does anyone have ideas of what would be the best thing to use for the framework?

savage

Use rebar pieces as stakes and use camp burlap as the wrap. Can even sew the rebar in so that you just unroll it in the field and push into the ground. Rebar pieces at least four feet in height.

Nimrod71

Conduit works the best. I made one 20 years ago and I still use it. The only thing I have had to replace was the camo material.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I like the conduit as well. Flatten the ground ends and cut at angle for easier penetration. Through each piece of conduit, I drill a hole about 18" above the flat pointed end and tie in a loop of paracord wide enough for my booted foot to push the pipe into the ground.

gsppurist

I will take pictures of mine. I made two PVC frame 2 ft x 5 ft. Painted brown, covered with Max-4 Burlap, then used 550 cord to attach two sided making a folding frame Works great, light. Have to attach to ground with tent stakes to prevent wind from blowing it over.

Costs about 8 dollars when you include burlap/paint/PVC/cement.

Will attach pic later.

gregg

I just took a golf umbrella and painted it camo, I then use a 4'-5' piece of PVC large enough to receive the handle of the umbrella......strap the pvc piece to your chair with bungie cords and then the umbrella inside the top of the PVC with 1 bungie cord. The whole unit can be moved around as the sun changes position throughout the day, very simple and effective.