New Bassmaster Open Schedule/Format

CaptainSolo

I got really excited when I saw the new Bassmaster Opens schedule and updated format.

With 4 tournaments in each (of two) divisions, and a Championship, I think this is going to be a really great format. Im really excited about the Eastern schedule, as it looks like it is a well balanced schedule with many different fisheries.

What do you think about the new format and the schedule?

Attachments

• download (15).png
    download (15).png
    554.1 KB · Views: 320
  • download (14).jpg
    download (14).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 317
  • download (12).png
    download (12).png
    632.5 KB · Views: 319
  • download (13).jpg
    download (13).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 321

Eugene Stinson

I don't like it. I am a co-angler and with every change they have made in the last 5 or 6 years it has hurt me. When the elites had co-anglers the Opens were for the everyday fisherman to get a taste of the big leagues.
Then the Elites eliminated the co-angler and the Opens got more expensive for a co-angler. Then with the invent of win-and-your-in format more Pros started fishing them. Which in-turn made co-angling more popular. With that you had to sign up for all 3 in a divisions the minute they opened registration or you were just about out of luck to fish any of them.

With the new spread out format it will stop a lot of co-anglers from being able to fish them. In the blue collar world getting the better part of 4 weeks off is hard to come by. I can't imagine telling the family I don't have the time or money to take them on a vacation but I am going on 4 fishing trips.
Lake Okeechobee is to far for me to drive by myself safely. I have tried to register for the other 2 when the first tourney of a year was scheduled for Okeechobee, but was not selected.

First they eliminated the B.A.S.S. ran "Weekend Series". Now they have all but stopped me from fishing the Opens.
I guess I will have to abandon B.A.S.S. all together and go all in for the FLW. B.A.S.S. must be looking for deeper pockets than I have.
Good Luck to all them rich folk out there.

Eugene Stinson

What good is it for a co-angler want to travel from the middle of FL to upper New York over the course of a season? Why not fish as a pro?

LTZ25

No its not for average guy , its a minor league system for very serious folks that are trying to make the elite series . Every sport has a system similar to this , I glad they changed from win one and your in the classic . There are plenty of other series for people like me , and I personally could not fish as a co-anglerwith a guy that is wired so tight that he screams at me to get the NET every time he hooks a G G G giant 13 inch bass .