"Hootch" advice for a newbie

I'm new to trout fishing and would love some advice please. I have heard that the "hootch" is a great trout river. I have both a 6wt CensoredCensoredCensored WalMart setup, and a decent 9wt setup I got from Bass Pro back home in South Florida. I have no idea on how to fish for trout or even where to start looking for them. I live in West Cobb County so something relatively close would be preferred. Thank you in advance.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
The park at Johnson's Ferry usually has a lot of people fly fishing when the water is not very high.

centerpin fan

I have no idea on how to fish for trout or even where to start looking for them.

I suggest finding a mentor or hiring a guide for a day. Moving water is a challenge for most newbies. Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta guide service is excellent.

rospaw

I'm new to trout fishing and would love some advice please. I have heard that the "hootch" is a great trout river. I have both a 6wt CensoredCensoredCensored WalMart setup, and a decent 9wt setup I got from Bass Pro back home in South Florida. I have no idea on how to fish for trout or even where to start looking for them. I live in West Cobb County so something relatively close would be preferred. Thank you in advance.

Roswell in your driving range? I lived 300 yards from the river most of my life. Know EVERY hole from Morgan falls dam up to the roswell trout waters. Do you have a bicycle you can carry? Save you a mile plus of walking the rd to the best fishing around! (no parking area)

Windknot

We'd love to have you visit!

This Saturday, Nov. 4th, a bunch of trout bums will gather at the Buford Trout Hatchery (off GA 20, just after crossing the river).

It is sponsored by North Georgia Trout Online (ngto.org) and will have several attendees who are in your shoes. There will be reps from Trout Unlimited, as well as GADNR/WRD members, so you should be able to get more comfortable faster! :yeah:

Trout Regs: http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/fishing/trout-fishing/