How do you get across dikes?

quackquack

Curious as to what ways/methods you guys take to getting over dikes. Do you guys use wenches (electric or mechanical)? Manpower? Just curious what ways you think might make it easier.

:cheers:

Don’t cross dikes anymore but if I did I would have an electric winch

jasper181

I dont hunt anywhere where it is needed any longer but when I fought the craziness in Darien I used a winch.

mattuga

Banned
In my experience real men jump in the fluff mud 20 yards from shore and just haul it over. That is how we did it in the 2014's, ya know back in the day. 1448 with 25 hp and 3 dudes. Did I mention I've never been back...we even skipped the fluff mud part!

sasmojoe

First, unload everyone from boat except driver. Back off out in the river and get you a good running start and hit it full throttle. This is not for feint of heart.

MudDucker

Staff member
What a mess! With all the damage to the pull overs, they probably should have closed the place.

DRBugman85

If it was close for 2 years the state would not have the $ are time to bring it up to the reputation that the Internet has brought to the area.It's a mad house every day its open and decoying ducks is impossible with 100s of boat running the ponds every day its closed no time for ducks to rest and it's getting worse by the year.Internet hunters show up from Fla,Ala,and South Carolina because of the Internet surfers and a few killing a ruddy duck are mergansers and a teal posting how great the hunting is.Gone like yesterday sun is the hunting on this WMA in Darien. facepalm:

Latest posts