Bit the bullet and bought a new gun

sadler2

I got my SBE2 back in 2009 I believe. FWIW, I've never had the "benelli click". Nor have my friends that own benelli's. I don't think it's near the issue people make it out to be. I'm not saying this directly at anyone in this thread, but everyone I've heard talk about it "has a friend who's benelli does this". Just my opinion.

Mine hasn't done it either. Like GLS said happens when the bolt doesn't rotate all the way. Closing the action slowly, fidgeting with the action when things are slow. It avoidable and isn't something that would detour me away from using the gun or buying a new another one.

mattuga

Banned
Mine hasn't done it either. Like GLS said happens when the bolt doesn't rotate all the way. Closing the action slowly, fidgeting with the action when things are slow. It avoidable and isn't something that would detour me away from using the gun or buying a new another one.

Correct, it is easy to avoid. I had closed my action "quietly" because birds were circling close the first time I got the click. Now I just know to make sure it slams shut. It almost happened another time when I put my gun down hard in the metal blind and the action shifted down a little and didn't close back completely. I saw that though it could've easily happened again if I didn't see it. I'd still get it fixed if there was a gunsmith who knew how.

jasper181

Ive shot two sbe3's and both shot high, Ive got 3 guns I duck hunt with for the most part. A sbe2, a400 and a Mossberg 930 waterfowl, obviously the ladder two are much nicer guns but I just love the way that Mossberg shoots, I prefer the a400 over the sbe personally.

killerv

Y'all do know that make drop kits for them correct? They used to not come with the largest drop shim, I would always have to order a D shim from somewhere like brownells.

Benelli rep told me once that as long as when it was test fired that the majority of the pattern was within 9in of point of aim, it was good to leave the factory.