whats the best 9mm for the money?

olchevy

loggrhead

SPRINGFIELD XD or XDM, don't buy one without putting one of these in your hand....also do some research!

fredw

Retired Moderator
look at the for sale stuff here, go to the bottom of the lists and hit the sale forum got lot of guns. ive bought 2 a 20 ga and a .40

The r.o.c., where are referring to? Sounds as if you are suggested the closed swap and sell section of this forum.

QuailJunkie

Another vote for the Ruger P series. Indestructable and a great value as well. I carry a P89DC. Not one failure or jam in 15 years.

probass

Beretta

Go with the Beretta 92 .. I have several different 9mm and you still cannot beat the Beretta for accuracy or capacity.

(from Beretta website)

92FS

From the jungle heat of Panama to the sandstorms of Iraq, the U.S. Armed Forces have counted on Beretta pistols for almost two decades of distinguished service. The 92FS, Beretta’s premier full metal gun, most resembles the military M9 9mm pistol. Accurate out of the box, this workhorse features an open slide design that vir tually eliminates jamming, a safety system that combines decocking with a positive thumb safety, and a combat muzzle crown. Beretta’s proprietary black, non-glare Bruniton finish gives your 92FS a wear-resistant coating, which means it will stand up to any special duty.

Ohoopee Tusker

I have 2 browning hi-powers. Love them both. They are older models but seem to chew through everything I feed them.

GLOCKRUS

If you really want a 9mm. Go with a Glock 19 if your hands are big because you said you are a big dude. A Glock 17 will do it. Get a Gen 3 NOT a GEN 4 only becuase IMHO its a hit or miss. .40 , you can go with a G23 same frame size as the G19...or maybe a G22 will do? H&K,S&W,Sigs have some good firearms in 9mm as well.

akman47

glocks are great for the money, buy a sig 226 in 9mm, factory 20rnd mags, and 147 grn hornady, will put anything in north america down with good shot placement and with a sig if you cant hit what your aiming at then its operator error. always keep in mind a .357 sig is a 9mm loaded in a bottle neck 10mm/40 cartridge and is basically identical to a .357 magnum

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I just bought a Taurus 24/7 9mm from Buds Guns for $297. Went to the range this past weekend and put 200 rnds through it with no problems. Very nice groupings at 15 and 25 feet, pretty decent trigger. Easy to break down for cleaning.

Sargent

Which ever one that fits your grip properly, so that you feel comfortable shooting it... and you get progressively better at shooting it.

If you pay $200 for a gun that you rarely shoot, it's not a bargain. If you pay $800 for a gun that fits you like a glove so much that you shoot it on a weekly basis- that is a bargain.

Butlerdawg

I like my M&P 9mm better than the g17 I once had. If you are thinking of a ruger sr9 I think the sr9c has a better trigger and I like it more. The M&P is my favorite 9mm in my opinion. My close second choice would be a g19 .

BBQBOSS

Banned
Which ever one that fits your grip properly, so that you feel comfortable shooting it... and you get progressively better at shooting it.
If you pay $200 for a gun that you rarely shoot, it's not a bargain. If you pay $800 for a gun that fits you like a glove so much that you shoot it on a weekly basis- that is a bargain.

This.
:cool: