Woodhaven mouth calls, which one?

bnew17

Going by bass pro later and was thinking about picking up a Woodhaven mouth call. Ive read alot of good things on here about them and thought id give them a try. I wanna try to get one that cuts well. I think i remember seeing about 4 or 5 different types of calls there at bass pro. Thanks

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I thought I would never be in the group that is allowed to recomend a mouth call because I have never been able to run one until this year. for some reason something clicked this year and I can run one pretty dang good.

after having been through a bunch of them over the last 15 years the only one I can run is a woodhaven copperhead II. all the rest have been garbaged...all of the others have been over the counter calls too.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
JT made a good recomendation. The Copperhead and the Copperhead II are great calls. Easy to cutt with and I have called in 7 Gobblers this year with the Copperhead II. I have not used it but a lot of talk about the Classic V-3 goes on as well. The Proseries calls to me were a waist of my money. They have a smaller frame and are harder to call. Good Luck, Tim

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT made a good recomendation. The Copperhead and the Copperhead II are great calls.

I just trashed a copperhead a few days ago. could not get any raspy yelps out of it like the II. course yall remember that I have not been able to run one for 14 years before this year:D

rex upshaw

I thought I would never be in the group that is allowed to recomend a mouth call because I have never been able to run one until this year. for some reason something clicked this year and I can run one pretty dang good.

after having been through a bunch of them over the last 15 years the only one I can run is a woodhaven copperhead II. all the rest have been garbaged...all of the others have been over the counter calls too.

i've never run the copperhead II, but have heard good things about it.

bnew17

im loving all this input guys, thanks! now i just gotta decide between the red wasp or copperhead II:banana::banana:

GaDeerSlayer

Going by bass pro later and was thinking about picking up a Woodhaven mouth call. Ive read alot of good things on here about them and thought id give them a try. I wanna try to get one that cuts well. I think i remember seeing about 4 or 5 different types of calls there at bass pro. Thanks

Best thing to do is buy several and see which one's work the best for you. Woodhaven is all I use, and I love the Classic V3! Give em a try and see what you think.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just trashed a copperhead a few days ago. could not get any raspy yelps out of it like the II. course yall remember that I have not been able to run one for 14 years before this year:D

The Copperhead sounds alot better when you pull the reeds apart with all that coffee stuck to them.....no wonder you sounded like a hurt dog.........:bounce:

Jody Hawk turned me on to the Copperhead. Mike Pentecost told me if I liked the Copperhead, I would love the Copperhead II. He was right. It has been to only one I have used this year. Nasty Raspy is all I can say...:banana:

bnew17

well just got back from bass pro, they had "copperhead" not "copperhead II" , V-3, Sadler McGraw, Red Wasp, ,,,, i went with the Red Wasp. I played around with it love how raspy it is. Everything sounds good off of it, i just cant figure out how to cut on it to save my life. :banginghe

Jody Hawk

Jody Hawk turned me on to the Copperhead.

Tim,
I still love my Copperheads but you ought to hear Greg Tench run his Mark Adams Split V triple reed diaphragm. Greg is pure turkey on that thing !!!!! He can get good raspy yelps and it cutts good but he can also get soft with it when need be. It's basically the same call as the Woodhaven Classic V3 with the green latex. I ordered two of em from Woodhaven yesterday.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
All I can say is Thanks Jody and Mike.:banana::banana:
Yall have made the turkey hunting in my life alot more enjoyable......:cool::cool:
Sorry about getting :offtopic:.
bnew I hope you have lots of success with the Red Wasp. It is one that is talked about alot. Good Luck, Tim

bubdog

I have tried several and I can run the Red Wing and the V3. Bought the Red Wing on the recommendation of a guy at the NWTF show and the V3 after seeing several here on Woodys reccomend it. Bought calls from various other manufacturers and could not do crap with them.

ABBYS DAD

I only carry the Matt VanCise signature mouth call. It sounds just like the Preston Pittman calls from back in the day....... Even Looks like the old Pittman

Greg Tench

Tim,
I still love my Copperheads but you ought to hear Greg Tench run his Mark Adams Split V triple reed diaphragm. Greg is pure turkey on that thing !!!!! He can get good raspy yelps and it cutts good but he can also get soft with it when need be. It's basically the same call as the Woodhaven Classic V3 with the green latex. I ordered two of em from Woodhaven yesterday.

Ive always used Marks calls. Mark has always made great diaphragms and thats about all I use. BTW...Never tried a v3 by Woodhaven,but I think its about the same as I use.:bounce:

Greg Tench

Jody, Went to Marks shop today and will send a call your way Monday AM.;)

I picked up a Yargus II yesterday. It sounds pretty good. They were sold out of copperheads.