Winded three 150 pounders

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Winded three 150 pounders 100 yds from the truck Saturday morning. A white and black spotted and two browns. Spent the next 4 hours trying to cut em off by way of an old logging road but they went down in the valley too far from my truck as I had parked at the top.

So, I finally get back to my truck and ride around to the foot and work my way back up the valley as far as my little toyota would take me. 100 yds from the truck and sign is everywhere. A piggy playground once I worked my way out of the laurels.

About 40 minutes in this hike and it starts raining. I forgot my rain gear in the truck, fml. So I'm walking back to the truck on another road with streams on both sides of me, scanning left to right when all of a sudden I notice this USFS sign in the middle of nowhere at streams edge and I laugh a little "well duh, lol". Then I see the top of a white noggin, brown noggin, brown, brown, bobbing around going upstream. You guessed it, laurel thicket 30 feet deep on both sides. "Oh no, you guys ain't goin nowhere!"

I'm crashing through thicket tryin to keep up when I flanked the white one. Crouched, shot, he drops and squeels and piggies start running everywhere. It was like whack a mole in laurel thicket but with my trusty 308 and pigs and pouring rain....crash through more thicket, crouch ,shoot/repeat until they where all down.

As I'm pulling all the pigs out I see out of the corner of my eye a little black one jump out the creek bed and haul bacon in the opposite direction. I chased for about 30 yards til I got hung up in a wad of saw brier.

Anyway, the day started out bad, then got worse and ended in victory.

I'm fairly certain that the parents are the ones I winded first thing. Same colors and ran in the same direction that I found these.

Attachments

• 4 piggies.png
    4 piggies.png
    839.2 KB · Views: 709

Killer Kyle

That one is already half skinned and quarteted! Way to get it done man!!

308 is marginal for piglets. May want to get a 300 win mag. All jokes aside, Good job and good story telling! Smaller the better when it comes to totting them out.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Man that sounds like a Blast!! Way to lay the smack down!!:shoot: