Security System

TurkeyH90

Anybody got recommendations on a home security system/company? Would like to know setups and roughly what each company charges per month if y'all can.

gunnurse

The biggest suggestion is to habituate yourself in it's use. We have had a system for 25 years, and went through a terrible spell where we just didn't set the alarm. It was always nice to know that we had a passive fire alarm system, however.

I think our system is about $17.00 a month from our local landline carrier.

T-N-T

Don't know what's your needs are but a camera system can be had for a couple few hundred bucks. They record a loop on a hard drive that can be played back on a TV or computer monitor.

No monthly fees. But no automatic call to the police either

basschaser

I’ve been in the business for 15 years. Most of the big name company’s are gonna charge a lot up front with less monitoring fees or small up front fee and higher monitoring fees. Their gonna get theirs either way you look at it. I’d go with a smaller local outfit as the customer service will be better. What area are you in??

basschaser

I see now your in Hawkinsville. As far as landlines go most all systems these days are monitored via cellular.