Dewalt vs Ridgid Job site table saw.

boatbuilder

I don't know about their table saw by I have a bunch of dewalt 18 volt cordless stuff that is 10+ years old and still going good.

I have a 20 year old dewalt router and a 10 year old grinder and a 10 year old miter saw that have all been perfect.

GA native

Wow. I've got a bunch of dewalt tools. From cordless drills,electric drills,jig saws,sawzall. These get used on a daily basis for the most part. Ridgid won't stand up to the kind of work I do and I don't have time to mess with warranties. When a tool wears out it gets scrapped and I buy a new one. We use makita circular saws though. You can't beat them with a stick

I'm in the same boat. I've used DeWalt tools for over 20 years without a problem. When my mud mixer literally burned up, I didn't hesitate to buy the 9 amp DeWalt drill motor.

Rigid... I like their shop vacs.:huh:

But I do prefer Skil wormdrives over any other circular saw. They last forever, and cut microlam like butta.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I'm in the same boat. I've used DeWalt tools for over 20 years without a problem. When my mud mixer literally burned up, I didn't hesitate to buy the 9 amp DeWalt drill motor.

Rigid... I like their shop vacs.:huh:

But I do prefer Skil wormdrives over any other circular saw. They last forever, and cut microlam like butta.

Those old skil wormdrive saws used to be the goto saw on a framing crew. They're just to heavy for me. They do last forever

Cmp1

BANNED
Most if not all Ridgid tools are made in Taiwan,,,, tools made in Taiwan are very high quality now,,,, wasn't always that way,,,, Japanese cutting tools are high quality also,,,, we have a Ridgid table saw,,,, 2 nailers, belt sander, 12in mitre saw and table, vacuum, and recip saw,,,, almost got their router but went with Milwaukee,,,,

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Most if not all Ridgid tools are made in Taiwan,,,, tools made in Taiwan are very high quality now,,,, wasn't always that way,,,, Japanese cutting tools are high quality also,,,, we have a Ridgid table saw,,,, 2 nailers, belt sander, 12in mitre saw and table, vacuum, and recip saw,,,, almost got their router but went with Milwaukee,,,,

I have both a Gyokucho and a Dozuki saw. Both will lay you open if you don't handle them properly. Them Japanese know how to make some sharp cuttin implements.

Cmp1

BANNED
I have both a Gyokucho and a Dozuki saw. Both will lay you open if you don't handle them properly. Them Japanese know how to make some sharp cuttin implements.

Have been wanting a Dozuki for a long time for tenons ,,,, not any more though,,,, back issues,,,, I do have a tenoning jig for my table saw,,,, are you a woodworker???? I used to make cabinets,,,,

Luke0927

I did pick up the the Rigid saw, I put a good blade on it the fence locks down well and will be fine for what I need.

Maybe a little better miter gauge, but nothing I'm doing now would need that. Happy with it!

Cmp1

BANNED
I did pick up the the Rigid saw, I put a good blade on it the fence locks down well and will be fine for what I need.

Maybe a little better miter gauge, but nothing I'm doing now would need that. Happy with it!

Ridgid makes a good carbide blade for it,,,, of course Freud also,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED

If you ever want to get a good mitre gauge for precision work,,,, get an Incra mitre gage,,,, incredible gauge,,,, around 120.00,,,,