Two hunters shot while fanning

BigPimpin

Maybe the shooter was fanning too? This problem might just sort itself out.

mailman6

Next thing you know deer hunters will bE wearing a cap with a doe tail hanging from it, or antletss strapped to their heads running around the woods grunting. What happening to one man hunting game using skill instead of gimmicks.

Twiggbuster

Any responsible hunter is looking for the head at the critical moment.
Obviously that did not happen here.
Just shooting amongst the feathers.

DRBugman85

We have had poachers slip in our lease and try to get between the gobbler and our set,we don't use decoys are a blind and had shot fly all around us before THERE IS NO WAY I'M putting a turkey fan in front of me are a decoy it's a good way to get shot,blinded are crippled. It a shame that some idiots are allowed to own weapons.A buddy of mine was shot 4 year's ago on private property using decoys and is lucky his not blind the Doctor had to remove 4 # 6 shot out of his face. He don't hunt with decoys any more.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
U can get shot with out a deke.
Seen where a shotgun stock got shot. 2 hunter split up. One saw the red at 10 ft shot the shock.
It's just being careless. Neglect etc.

U can get shot with out a deke.
Seen where a shotgun stock got shot. 2 hunter split up. One saw the red at 10 ft shot the shock.
It's just being careless. Neglect etc.

Agreed. The sport of turkey hunting is dangerous enough as is. I see I'm not the only one that is NOT surprised that this happened.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Next thing you know deer hunters will bE wearing a cap with a doe tail hanging from it, or antletss strapped to their heads running around the woods grunting. What happening to one man hunting game using skill instead of gimmicks.

It went the way of common sense. It isn't taught anymore and Wal-Mart doesn't sell it. ;)

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Hopefully no serious injuries. Here's a more detailed article. The younger brother and his accomplice were both shot in the face by the older brother. The younger brother and his buddy were fanning the older brother who was fanning the other two and they low crawled to each other. In other words, Dueling Fanjoes. It gets better. When the older brother shot his brother and buddy, both of them were rolling around and the older brother triumphantly ran over to what he thought was a flopping Tom. Had he been using TSS, there would have been no flopping. You can't make this stuff up.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article145929249.html

turkeykirk

Hopefully no serious injuries. Here's a more detailed article. The younger brother and his accomplice were both shot in the face by the older brother. The younger brother and his buddy were fanning the older brother who was fanning the other two and they low crawled to each other. In other words, Dueling Fanjoes. It gets better. When the older brother shot his brother and buddy, both of them were rolling around and the older brother triumphantly ran over to what he thought was a flopping Tom. Had he been using TSS, there would have been no flopping. You can't make this stuff up.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article145929249.html

Read in that article where the game warden said he checked several hunters and most of them were carrying turkey fans. Guess that tactic is the wave of turkey hunting in the future.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
X a bunch on knowing what you are shooting at.

WOW.........I am amazed how people shoot things they have not properly identified.facepalm:

chase870

Possum Sox
If a hunter has to fan and use decoys to outsmart and kill turkeys he should stop hunting them. Anything other than a call and his skill is cheating the bird. All the extra stuff to increase his odds is a direct reflection of the hunter and his lack of skill.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If a hunter has to fan and use decoys to outsmart and kill turkeys he should stop hunting them. Anything other than a call and his skill is cheating the bird. All the extra stuff to increase his odds is a direct reflection of the hunter and his lack of skill.[/QUOTE

And u said u wouldn't tell on me.
No. I'm going to keep on hunting them. :cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Are the so called "ethics" of today`s young hunter better than they were of hunters 50 years ago? How about 150 years ago? Or 300 years ago? How would they compare? Who sets the standards for the ethics of turkey hunting, or the hunting of any and all species of game?

And the most important thing, who is the self important individual (in his own mind maybe) who has the right to judge other hunters and their own ethics, and say what is the right way and the wrong way to hunt?

:pop:

Water Swat

Are the so called "ethics" of today`s young hunter better than they were of hunters 50 years ago? How about 150 years ago? Or 300 years ago? How would they compare? Who sets the standards for the ethics of turkey hunting, or the hunting of any and all species of game?

And the most important thing, who is the self important individual (in his own mind maybe) who has the right to judge other hunters and their own ethics, and say what is the right way and the wrong way to hunt?

:pop:

:cheers:

Rick Carter

The notion that everyone will identify their target is the same as the notion that a driver blocking the left lane will have the decency to move over. Don't hunt with a decoy on your head. NEVER believe that you are the only one on your land. Stupid should hurt.