DeeZee = Great Customer Service

GoldDot40

I know most of the time when people give a public testimony for customer service or a product, it's almost always negative. Putting this here since its an automotive accessory.

Well, I'm doing just the opposite...kinda. I've posted about getting great customer service before. I like to give shout-outs when warranted.

Anyway, bought some DeeZee (truck accessory manufacturer) bed rail caps for my truck about 3 years ago off Amazon.com. These attach to the vehicle via 2-sided adhesive tape...likely 3M? Who knows. A few weeks ago, one flies off the truck going down the road. It's gone. Retraced my path to/from work for a couple of days trying to locate in on the roadside, ditch, etc. to no avail. Tape failed on their side. All the tape is still firmly attached to the actual vehicle's surface which pretty much eliminates any possibility of poor surface prep or installation.

So I go back to Amazon to my purchase history and see these were advertised to have a lifetime warranty. I contact them and explain what happened. They ask for pictures which I submit. Several days go by...I finally get an email back from them saying they'll start a claims process with the manufacturer. GREAT. A couple weeks go by and nothing. So I hit them up again. No reply. I contact their 'dispute' people and I'm told they'll look into it. Another week or more goes by....nothing. I contact them again. Said the window that I could submit a warranty claim had passed. Even though the product has a lifetime warranty? It was obvious they were trying to give me the cold shoulder and weasel their way out to avoid the hassle. It's been nearly a month since my last email to them and I've never received a reply. I guess some corporations are too big to give a CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored sometimes.

So I contact DeeZee directly. Their FAQ says warranty claims should be handled through the retailer, which I did and failed to get anywhere. I contact them anyway and they really step up to the plate. Turns out, the model I originally bought has been discontinued...and they offered me the newest, closest model that replaced it...at NO cost to me...even covered the shipping. All taken care of within just 2 emails. Just wish ALL companies stood behind their products, services and guarantees. DeeZee is on the seemingly shrinking list that does.

T-N-T

I have purchased some deezee stuff over the years. Always good stuff for a good price in my opinion