Is it illegal to shoot

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
durn thangs will bust out the windshield of your new car.

Don't ask how I know.

I hate 'em

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have lost two calves to them. There are two different kind and one of them is worse on livestock. They closed a landfill up here about a year ago and since then we are completely overrun with them. You can request a permit to kill them if they are killing your cattle.

mecicon

Wut

Holy 9 year-old thread resurrection.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Holy cow...

groundhawg

post #18, yes buzzards will prey on sick or downed animals before they are dead but come on you're making it sound like the are hunting in packs, chasing down healthy cattle, and decimating all live stock. They keep the possums and armadillos cleaned up from the roads so I'm good with them. I was raised on a farm with cows chickens and goats and never not once had a problem with buzzards attacking them. But of course we kept our animals healthy and took care of them when they got sick or injured. Buzzards are attracted by the smell of decomposing tissue, the smell of internal organs in short the smell of death. I have seen buzzards on another property on a new born calf but they were attracted to the afterbirth and unfortunately the momma cow hadn't moved the calf away from the birth spot yet they were in no way hunting for the newborn calf

X - 2 Have been raising cows for more than 30 years and have never had a problem with buzzards. Lots of livestock hurt or killed by 'yotes but never a buzzard.

Salt H2O Scout

I know of an incident when Buzzards put down an OH58 helicopter outside Ft. Rucker AL in 1986. I was flying the aircraft.