Spider Bite!!!

mlandrum

"Drake" got hit pretty hard by a poison spider several days ago, the vet. has him on steroids and antibiotics with a neck shelter and he aint happy!!!:hair::hair:

Attachments

• IMG_2736 (1) (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_2736 (1) (960x1280).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_2738 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_2738 (960x1280).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 787

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Nasty wound. Any idea of the type of spider? That cone will drive him bonkers as he bumps into door frames, etc. Hope he heals fast. Gil

mlandrum

Gill, I have no idea :huh: Today it seem to be drying out some and you're right he's going bonkersfacepalm: I let him out this afternoon and ran around running into things:rolleyes:

pine nut

I am sorry to hear that. Is it definitely getting better though slowly? Who is your vet there Dr. Bailey?

Redbow

That is a nasty looking bite...Our Dog Cookie got a Spider bite about 2 years ago on her left front leg, it was a nasty wound also..The Vet said it was likely a brown recluse Spider that did the damage. Our Dog did not gnaw at her wound but she did lick it often but the Vet never had to put a lampshade on her..Antibiotics cleared our Dog up but it took quite some time for the bite to heal..Cookie still wears a scar from the bite and always will..Good luck with your Dog..