Crows and figs

TJay

Dang crows are camping out in my fig tree! If I had my way I'd shoot two or three of them and leave 'em laying at the bottom of the tree. The neighbors probably wouldn't approve. :shoot:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Pellet gun will keep them out of your hair.
Works on the crows too!

TJay

Mine is a brown turkey fig but they're not really turning brown this year maybe due to all the rain? They sure are big though!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Of course, we lived out in the country, so shooting was no problem either. When Dad got home from work in the evenings, he tried to shoot every kind of bird except redbirds, bluebirds and Carolina Wrens from eating the figs. I know that he killed a heck of a lot of Mockingbirds throughout all of those years of having a huge fig bush.

He absolutely HATED those Mockingbirds really bad anyway. :D

I remember back in the 1970's that my parents continued to have the same problem with all types of birds etc eating the figs. Dad bought a couple of black rubber snakes and placed them out across the upper limbs and I remember that it worked pretty well to keep the pesky birds away too.

rospaw

Dad bought a couple of black rubber snakes and placed them out across the upper limbs and I remember that it worked pretty well to keep the pesky birds away too.

This also worked for my uncle. He would use a fishing rod and cast them up high in the tree until they hung where he wanted them and cut the line. Was i little creepy to a 8yr old.

Latest posts