New Ruger SR1911 target 10MM

br6ppc

Just picked up a new SR 1911 target 10MM. I am impressed with the pistol so far. I like the fact that Ruger put a ramped barrel on the 10MM version. I have the same pistol in 45 ACP. The 45 version does not have a ramped barrel and it is finicky about bullet types unless you run FMJRN. The 10MM version has a bushingless bull barrel also. For me, it's a keeper. Target below was some 180gr TC lead bullets with a moderate load of BE-86 at 25 yds. The one flyer was my fault, oops. And yes, the pistol is unloaded in the pic.

DB4D3C50-FADC-47EA-A16B-2889D07D6599_zpslri5ns0c.jpg

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Nice to see Ruger jump into the frey.

That looks like a nice hunting pistola.

br6ppc

Thanks Dub. It will probably make some trips with me this fall. Can't complain about a 10MM NIB for less than $800.00.

I'm a 1911 guy----looked at the Sig 1911 10mm and the Colt Delta, but went with a Glock 20 10mm on cost alone. Pretty good nightstand gun with 16 rounds, but the Ruger looks interesting. Will be watching to see how it holds up.

pdsniper

I'm just glad to see 10mm getting popular again, it had died off for a while but it sure looks like the popularity has grown big time in the last few years

Nimrod71

I am a big 1911 fan and I am glad to see Ruger make this pistol. I am in the market for one. Just in time for my B-Day. I was wondering what my wife could get me this year. I love the 45 but the 10 mm I think will give the pistol a good bit more kill power on game. I have a 40 and I enjoy it and it has taken several rabbits but I would like to try a deer with the 10.

GregoryB.

Was thinking about a Rock Island 52000 but I may have to check this one out before I buy. Looks nice. How is the fit and finish ?

Dub

What does the script on the bottom of the frame say ?

I could see something etched/engraved in shots from magazine write ups....just couldn't make it out.

pacecars

I bough the Sig 1911 10mm as soon as it came out and so far love it. I am hoping Ruger will be nice enough to come out with a Commander length or at least someone will. I guess I should have kept my DW Bobtail Commander!

deerslayer357

I am drooling over these! Always wanted a 10 mm 1911, and also a ruger 1911. Now I can get both in one!

br6ppc

What does the script on the bottom of the frame say ?

I could see something etched/engraved in shots from magazine write ups....just couldn't make it out.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back. Been busy. The etching under the frame

FEFB3D36-9F81-4A67-846A-5EBCD212EB35_zpsnd2u8lmc.jpg