Savage 10BA Stealth

GregoryB.

Was looking at this rifle in 308 and 6.5 Creedmore. Anyone here have experience with this rifle ? It will be used for casual target shooting and deer hunting open fields. Don't need a new gun but I want a new one.

pdsniper

The Chassis is built by MDT in Canada and is an excellent Chassis as far a savage rifles they are hard to beat in accuracy I got a Savage ultra light hunter in 6.5 creedmoor and put one of MDT's LSS chassis on it and it turned into a fantastic hunting rifle

I will let you know Saturday. If all goes as planned, I will be working up a few loads to take to the range Saturday. Have you bought one yet? I bought mine a few weeks ago, and its killing me, that I haven't shot it yet. I will use it just as you described, casual target, and hunting. Mine is chambered in 308. I have a .260 Rem so I didn't want basically the same cartridge in a different gun. Needed the BA like a hole in my head, and have never spent that much on a rifle, but I got a great price on it. I'm sure it will drive tacks even tighter than all of my other Savage rifles.

GregoryB.

No, I didn't buy it yet. Was tore between the 308 and the 6.5 and couldn't decide then I moved and have been renovating so I put it off for a few months. How did yours shoot ? What did you go with for glass ?

Well, I'm not happy with my savage Ba. I have shot maybe 50-75 rounds through it. Something is going on with its accuracy. I was expecting to put some clover leaves on a target at some point, but it hasn't happened. I have tried 10 or more different loads. There are two or three loads that will touch 2 out of 5 but then the other three may be an inch away. It was worse the second trip to the range, then I realized the scope base was loose. I mistakenly assumed that since Savage mounted the base they would have used loctite and torqued the screws...not so. I'm not sure if they ever do or if this one was missed. Either way, I removed the scope, remounted everything, and it made very little improvement. So thinking maybe its the scope I switched scopes from a 6-18 nikon to a 4-12 redfield revolution. Just to rule out that is wasn't me, I had my son shoot it. He can shoot better than I can. No improvement. So there are two things left...my hand loads or the scope rings. I have always used the weaver quad lock rings, never an issue, but the scope base that comes with this rifle is a true picatinny mil-std-1913 base. The slots in it are much wider than the weaver style. The rings can move around until tightened. When I re-mounted the scope I moved the front ring forward until it stopped and the rear ring back until it stopped, put loctite on slot and screws. It didn't make any difference. So I want to try true picatinny rings, but can't find any that are 1" tube. All are 30mm. I also bought a box of federal premium sierra gold match. I have not shot them yet. I would be shocked if it were my hand loads, but anything is possible. I have about 3 or 4 much less expensive rifles that will shoot circles around this thing. I'm going to clean and polish the bore really well. If the factory ammo does not shoot any better....and I don't think it will, I will send it back to Savage. I own 4 different savage rifles, and I'm a Savage fan, so needless to say I'm disappointed. I will let you know how it goes.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a set of Kimber's in FDE that have a 1" reducer...something like that isn't hard to find.

Badger Ordinance and GG&G make the reducers

Knotwild

Check out Bergara and Tikka. I have a Tikka and it is accurate, a friend just bought a Bergara, but hasn't shot it yet.