New Era at FS beginning Aug. 1

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
The internet based check in system begins August 1. Those who check in and out of more than one area during hunts may be in for difficulties as it is internet based and may be difficult to access with a smart phone in fringe areas of reception. We'll see.
https://ftstewart.isportsman.net/

DaveLB

Per the info sheet on the ft stewart main page, you can still check in and out by phone, but will now have an online option as well.

GLS

When I checked in yesterday, there was a preamble that I took to mean the phone system would not be in service after the end of this month and to either go by p and p or call to find out how to use the new procedure. As you noted, the online notice said we could check in by phone or internet. I just checked by phone and it didn't play the notice I heard yesterday. Hopefully we can still use the phone. Gil

GLS

According to the message on the call in line today, phone checking in and out will be in effect until the new system, internet based, is up and running sometime this month.

BowArrow

Tried to set up my new account today but could not register my present permit with the new system. What am I doing wrong?

GLS

Call p and p on the numbers it offers on the "call in" line discussing the internet and offering help. I haven't tried to register. Gil

dutchie49

Yes it will not allow anything but registration , hopefully will be up and running before opening day.

GLS

Depending on point of view, some folks think too many people hunt Stewart as it is. ;) It wasn't that long ago we had to drive to Lotts Island or Stewart P&P to get a permit to hunt an area the next day. You could forget about changing areas once you were in the woods. Gil

hunterofopportunity

Depending on point of view, some folks think too many people hunt Stewart as it is. ;) It wasn't that long ago we had to drive to Lotts Island or Stewart P&P to get a permit to hunt an area the next day. You could forget about changing areas once you were in the woods. Gil

I've been there done that back when p an p was at the rod and gun club in the 80s. Stood in line got a plastic card then drove back that night and turned them in. I tried to register but didn't see a 'vet' permit, I called p +p they gave me the number to fish and wildlife said this was their idea. Left a voice mail still waiting on a call back.

Stackem

Just finished the process and it was not to painful. My current pass does not expire until Feb so I had to register as existing holder. Only problem was it kept changing the exp date that I was entering. Anyway good luck to all......

bowboy1989

Isportsman is up and running and its very easy in just 5 minutes you can have a pass only difficult thing is the weapons registration.

GLS

I registered without a hitch and got in the woods easily today. It's good to know that there is a call in number that can be used while in the woods.

mstersmith

Is FS a better hunt than Benning? I keep seeing a lot more info on FS around the web is why I ask. Ft Benning is closer though.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Is FS a better hunt than Benning? I keep seeing a lot more info on FS around the web is why I ask. Ft Benning is closer though.

That's because FS is open to the public while Benning is restricted to active and retired military and their guests. Great hunting on Benning!