Di Lane or Walton dove field youth hunt opening day

rabbithound

My son was drawn for this hunt. Is anyone familiar with the WMA? This is my first time on a quota hunt, would appreciate any and all advice.

As it turns out my daughter was selected for both Walton dove field and Di lane. Odd to me she was selected for both since they were ordered 1st and 2nd choice. Given that she can bring a friend (her brother :biggrin2:) we may just go to Walton .....it's certainly closer to home.

Any thoughts or advice ...

Last edited:

casey0802

di-lane

Have you ever been there....?
Di-Lane is a large place. they plant great fields but they are big. I haven't been there in a couple of years. I shot Redlands on a youth hunt last year and had to leave at 4pm because we had 30 birds..

brian 912-977-3510

UncleLee

Supervising adult can hunt - got picked 3th year in a row for Indian Ford this year. Been good hunts every year for both of us. Last year not as great because we were in 200 acre field and the weather had messed up birds, but still a good time.

rjcruiser

My son was drawn for this hunt. Is anyone familiar with the WMA? This is my first time on a quota hunt, would appreciate any and all advice.

As it turns out my daughter was selected for both Walton dove field and Di lane. Odd to me she was selected for both since they were ordered 1st and 2nd choice. Given that she can bring a friend (her brother :biggrin2:) we may just go to Walton .....it's certainly closer to home.

Any thoughts or advice ...

Walton was good to us last year. I had Walton as 1st pick and Indian Ford for 2nd pick this year and both my kids got Indian Ford...disappointed as it is a bit far of a drive, but a good hunt usually.

As far as bringing a friend, I thought only an adult can come with the child and the adult can shoot as well. So, one adult, one child.

rabbithound

Ill have to check on that. I was told by someone I thought was pretty knowledgeable about these hunts that the child could bring a friend (a kid) and an adult could supervise no more than 2 kids. That stated, I am certainly not claiming that as the gospel and will make some calls next week or speak with a GW friend to see if he knows the ultimate answer.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Ill have to check on that. I was told by someone I thought was pretty knowledgeable about these hunts that the child could bring a friend (a kid) and an adult could supervise no more than 2 kids. That stated, I am certainly not claiming that as the gospel and will make some calls next week or speak with a GW friend to see if he knows the ultimate answer.

For dove each child should be picked.

One adult may supervise two children. For designated quota hunts, group
applications with up to three children allowed. Selected children must bring
supervising adults.

For youth quota small game and waterfowl hunts the selected child can bring 1 other child.

One adult may supervise two children. For designated quota hunts, no group
applications allowed. Selected child may bring one other child and must bring
only one supervising adult.

Page 18 of the regs

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17GAHD-LR.pdf

We had good hunts at both Di-Lane and Walton, but if only 1 was picked for Walton it looks like you'll be heading to Di-Lane.

Last edited:

deast1988

Walton had a good many birds working field yesterday Evening should be a fantastic shoot out there.