This is the TRUTH

molly

I wouldn`t belive it myself if I had not been there.....took a guy out hog and coyote hunting last night....and while riding to the farm...I said to the guy, lets check this field..so we pulled over and while spott`n with the window down (thermal) I notice something about what I thought was a coyote maybe 250 yds out (he was in a wheat field along the farm road). I said get the stick and lets walk toward it and let me kill him. Walked about 60 yds when we finally could tell what it was...yes he was a big hog.....and he was looking at us...I told the guy set the stick up...I got that AR on the stick and the rest was history. I hit that hog dead between the eyes..he said man he droped like a hot tator.....I stepped it off and it was a 160 yds...and I acted like that shot was nothing...my head got big as 100 lb watermelon....now this hog had to go 250 lbs...he was a good un. After pictures and a video clip, we went on down to the farm where we were to hunt and the guy killed this nice yote....at 142 steps...that was his first time to shoot a night vision scope...he said the dog looked like he was 75 yds...I had just told him that they will appear closer than they really are. Ron....starting the 1st of May I will be giving shooting lessons......

Attachments

• DSC00761.JPG
    DSC00761.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,373

molly

lol. molly im gonna have 2 come down to butler one day and see what that night vision hunting is all about
If you like to coyote hunt, night time is the way to do it....and with night vision you`ll hunt yourself to death....this time of year just going three nights a week I can kill up to 6-8 coyotes a night...of course I will hunt places that are not hunted that often..Last week I went out fliming....I would stop along a hwy and call a field...and they will come...I got some great clips.....send me your email address and I`ll send you some clips...you`ll will see what you are missing.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I don't even believe my own stories when I start them off, "This is the truth.":rofl::rofl:

Shivesy

Ron....starting the 1st of May I will be giving shooting lessons......

Hmmmmm only if we are shooting at those watermelons.:rofl:

vol man

....and while riding to the farm...I said to the guy, lets check this field..so we pulled over and while spott`n with the window down (thermal) I notice something about what I thought was a coyote maybe 250 yds out (he was in a wheat field along the farm road). ...

we call that hunting from the road around here.

molly

Ron....starting the 1st of May I will be giving shooting lessons......

Hmmmmm only if we are shooting at those watermelons.:rofl:

Yes that was a big target and it was still......its alot of fun...especially if someone is watching to see if target is hit....my fork on the stick needs some work on it.

molly

we call that hunting from the road around here.

Don`t know where you are from, but...Things have changed where I am from...we call that saving time. Looking is not breaking the law. When ya`ll shine your truck lights or a spot light out across a field....now that is what I think is call hunting from the road...sounds like you know alot about hunting from the road. But for the record...when I spot something from the road I have permission to hunt that land and if I see something I pull my truck onto the land away from the road before I get a gun out or unload my cart. We are not stupid where I`m from

molly

cool videos molly thanks

What is your take .....I filmed those clips from the road......is that breaking the law....sometimes I have to use the bathroom and I pull over side the road is that the same thing.....I do alot of scouting like that...if I find that there is alot of coyotes in certain places.....I contact the land owner and get permission to hunt it.....and 99% of the time I get to hunt the land.

chevyman10709

What is your take .....I filmed those clips from the road......is that breaking the law....sometimes I have to use the bathroom and I pull over side the road is that the same thing.....I do alot of scouting like that...if I find that there is alot of coyotes in certain places.....I contact the land owner and get permission to hunt it.....and 99% of the time I get to hunt the land.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I would say its totally legal as long as ur not trespassing or shooting anything without permission. The guy I wrote a letter to the other week about hunting on his land called me back. He said he was wanting someone to kill coyotes over there but to call him back after turkey season. Can't wait to get over there...he has 700+ acres

vol man

so you ride around on public roads, spot animals from the cab of the truck, park, get out and shoot them? yep, that sounds like hunting from the road to me.

chevyman10709

so you ride around on public roads, spot animals from the cab of the truck, park, get out and shoot them? yep, that sounds like hunting from the road to me.
he didnt say he shoots them. he said he looks into the fields to see if there is any coyotes out there and if so, he will go and ask permission to hunt from the landowner.

vol man

he didnt say he shoots them. he said he looks into the fields to see if there is any coyotes out there and if so, he will go and ask permission to hunt from the landowner.

re read the original post.

spotted pig while riding the roads, stalked up on it then shot it (right between the eyes at 160 yards).

besides being lazy, unethical and not very sporting it is very illegal.