2013 Rut

Silent Assassin

If you believe or follow the thought that the rut coincides with the 2nd full moon after the autumn equinox then we are going to have a late rut this year. Last years was early. The 2nd full moon is scheduled for November 17th this year which will mean they will start going crazy around the 12th to the 14th. Supposedly when it is late the rut is a much faster developing rut.

swamp hunter

30 Years tells me that the Rut will start when them Northern Clippers put the Frost on the Pumkins come late Fall....

Roland44

30 Years tells me that the Rut will start when them Northern Clippers put the Frost on the Pumkins come late Fall....<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://sharepic101.com/upload/9/clear.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://sharepic101.com/upload/9/clear.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>

+1 on this

kevincox

Just depends what area you hunt in the state. In my neck of the woods I wouldnt pass a chance to hunt from 3 rd week of Oct to 3 rd week of Nov for primary rut

01Foreman400

Staff member
Just depends what area you hunt in the state. In my neck of the woods I wouldnt pass a chance to hunt from 3 rd week of Oct to 3 rd week of Nov for primary rut

This. I have from 10/17-11/11 off.

Mike 65

If you hunt from mid oct to mid dec you'll hit per rut, full rut and post rut. I usually take 6-8 weeks off so I don't miss it. The rest of the season I work a few days here and there to finance all my hunting.

supaman002

The last 6 years the rut ln my peach co lease has been from Oct 31 thru Nov 11 of course its.strongest when I'm a work

mtr3333

Banned
If you are where the deer are, then it doesn't matter what the temperature is or the phase of the moon.

01Foreman400

Staff member
If you are where the deer are, then it doesn't matter what the temperature is or the phase of the moon.

Weather plays a big part in rut activity. Don't get me wrong it still happens but when it's 10-15 degress above average it happens a lot less during daylight hours.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Same time as last year, the year before that and the year before that in my neck of the woods - first two weeks in November. You can set your watch by it.

mtr3333

Banned
Weather plays a big part in rut activity. Don't get me wrong it still happens but when it's 10-15 degress above average it happens a lot less during daylight hours.

When it happens, they won't take a break day or night.

Cole Henry

When you see the bucks all running doe's like crazy thats not the "rut" like everyone thinks.. thats pre rut. During the rut they will be locked down with a doe till she is bred.

triton196

the rut at my club is usually always the first two weeks of nov then at home in north ga the deer always rut the third and fourth week of nov and sometimes into dec. it also seems to have about a week and half of strong rut and more buck activity that varies every year.