Round up ready corn

bnew17

Last year i planted silver queen and it did really good. I would like to plant some round up ready corn this year so i could control the weeds a little better. Im only looking for maybe 2 pounds. Is round up ready just available in your basic yellow field corn or is it available in other varieties like the sweet corn im looking for?

BREAK'N WINGS

RR corn comes in just a basic feild corn. there arent any special varieties such as swee corn. Its gonna be exspensive too. You might have a hard time finding it sold by the pound. I know we never split a bag of RR just because of the cost value.

Hunt&Fish

Growers Permit ?

I read in the latest QDMA Magizine that you have to get a growers permit from Monsanto to buy and plant RR corn or soybeans.
Is that true ?

bnew17

RR corn comes in just a basic feild corn. there arent any special varieties such as swee corn. Its gonna be exspensive too. You might have a hard time finding it sold by the pound. I know we never split a bag of RR just because of the cost value.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that would be the case. I wouldnt be interested in planting field corn, the silver queen is toooo good haha

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
RoundUp Ready corn, I believe is everywhere, from your soft drinks to your cereal ..... Livestock eat the RR corn, we eat the livestock .... good or bad .... it's everywhere. The corn you feed the deer with is likely RR corn

drawedback

whats it for?
There are several different hybrids that are for higher yielding feed grade corn. I Tried to find a round-up ready corn last year for human consumption and was told they haven't done enough reaserch to make sure it was safe. If that has changed I'm not aware of it.

garnede

RR corn should not be consumed, but it is processed into, high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, caramel coloring, whole corn for feed, corn flour, cornstarch, corn gluten, corn syrup, corn meal, corn oil, dextrin, maltodextrin, dextrose (glucose), fructose, glucona delta lactone, malt, malt syrup, malt extract, mono- and di-glycerides, monosodium glutamate or MSG, sorbitol, sucrose, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, vegetable broth, vegetable protein, vegetable shortening, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, and vegetable mono- and di-glycerides, xanthan gum, "natural flavors", artificial flavors, citrus flavor, ascorbic acid, ethanol, and may others.

Also Roundup ready corn is a genetically modified crop. As much as 60% of items on grocery shelves already contain GM products, please don't add to the overwhelming supply.

quackwacker

now if you went to the field and got an ear of RR corn off the stalk and tried to boil and eat it.....................you may say then................RR corn on the cob is not for human consumption.:rofl::rofl: