Clayton County Water Authority Hunting

mccordan

Anyone hunted here the past couple years? Is it worth the time/money anymore? I've heard of some nice bucks killed here over the years, but just wondering if there's still some good ones running around.

Also, if selected do you only get to hunt one weekend or can you go for all 6?

biggdogg

There are still good numbers of deer and a few nice bucks killed every year. If you're looking for the deer numbers of 5-7 years ago, you will be disappointed, but you will still see several deer in a hunt.

Hunts are done through a drawing as before, but you are drawn for all 6 hunts. You pay a flat fee for all 6. They don't sell spots left open from no-call, no-shows anymore either.

frankwright

If you don't have anywhere to hunt and it is fairly close to you it is not a bad deal.
Applications have to be in by August 7th. $120 for Clayton residents. $180 for others. $20 per weekend for a guest.

It depends on what spot you get. I hunted there two years ago and I had to walk through 3/4 of my land in weeds to get to a creek in the back.
A few big deer are killed every year and others never see a deer.

I was in the never saw but one buck that came through at about 40 mph!

Not not 30-40 deer glory days it once was but still not bad if it is your only option.

http://www.ccwa.us/hunting-information

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I sure miss the first come first serve weekends. It was nice to hunt one or two weekends, but $180 for just a handful of weekends that you can't choose ruined it, IMO.